PDA

View Full Version : 480 MEETING

pioneer_lee
Apr 9th, 2003, 22:54
Hi,

This is a message to all 480 owners. The 480 Club Europe have organised a meeting on 19th April 2003 at Chirton, Devizes, Wiltshire.

The meet will start around 12:00 and carry on as an evening gathering with BBQ and light music. Tents can be brought for a stopover.

An entrance charge to cover cost of hiring field and BBQ will be £10 per vehicle plus £5 per person above driver. This is a no profit event with any money left over either going towards drinks or being added to a raffle. Currently the raffle (tickets free to entrants) is an eMap GPS with leather case, charger and batteries (donated foc by me!). Talks with others may produce more prizes.

Anyone interested and requiring further details should contact me either via this forum or on email at chris@swi.org.uk. I am collecting details of people with mobile numbers and email addresses so we can stay in touch.

This is going to be a great gathering of like minded anoraks drooling over each others cars. Currently there are some 20 plus vehicles turning up. The more the merrier so please step forward and show us yours!

Regards

Chris

C6REW
Apr 10th, 2003, 22:23
Hi 480 Lovers,

I am suprised that I have not heard from anyone!

Can no one make it to this meeting?

We would love to see you, it is going to be a great day and evening for those who can stay.

Regards

Chris

Daniel M
Apr 11th, 2003, 23:30
Hello...
I have to admit, im not a 480 owner, but i am a 440 owner. I wouldnt be able to make it anyway even if i had a 480, but would it not be more interesting to make it a 400 series meeting-you would probably get more people turn out(not that i think you wont!) and it would be nice to see lots of 400`s together as we seem to get left out quite a bit (specially us in our 440`s!) Just an idea, probably came across quite cheeky, but not intended that way! If there ever is a change and other 400`s are invited, let me know as i would be very interested in going, being in the minority an all!

Have a good meet, Dan :-)

C6REW
Apr 12th, 2003, 00:57
Hi Dan,

Thanks for being the only one on the Volvo Owners Club to respond, even if you do not have a 480.

I have organised the meet at the request of the 480 Europe Club owners and we have near 20 cars turning up. Should be quite a day and evening.

Perhaps I will put it too them that at the next meet we invite all 400's.

Will let you know.

Regards

Chris