PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 480 query!!

Joe440Andrew460
Apr 25th, 2003, 22:19
Hi all,

My 1898 F reg 480ES has got a slight problem with the bulb failure light staying on when the headlights are down yet going off when the headlights are up? (weird or what??)

I have noticed however that the drivers side day running light is very dim compared to the passenger side. Could this be the cause of my problems?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort the problem out cos she looks at bit sad when you drive her down the road with her one side "drooping"!!!

Thanks

Andrew
;)

Ps If anyone also has a spare full leather driving seat I'd be most grateful, mines not bad but compared to the rest of the car has seen slightly better days!

Steve Hogg
Apr 25th, 2003, 23:36
Hi,

The answer to your query is a simple one, the bulb failure warning system works by comparing the current drain on the different circuits therefore if your day running lights are uneven (one dim) this will cause the failure bulb to light. When the headlights are raised the day running lights go off and the side lights come on which ends the conflict and the light goes out. For a soloution firstly check the bulbs for correct wattage and fitting then look for bad connections causing a high resistance in the circuit.

Best of luck

Steve