PDA

View Full Version : service costs

toothdoc
Mar 3rd, 2006, 17:53
hi
does anyone know if volvo produce a recommended service price list?
or can anyone give prices for services they may have had?
thanks
barry

DCO
Mar 3rd, 2006, 18:56
hi
does anyone know if volvo produce a recommended service price list?
or can anyone give prices for services they may have had?
thanks
barry

No Volvo do not. They will have a recommended time and check list, but costs will vary depending on labour rates. My local dealer quoted £345-00 for the first 12,000 miles service. When I asked for a better price, he dropped to £300-00.

As I was going down to the West Country, within the service "window" I enquired in Plymouth. After a discussion, they did the service for £260-00 which also included a spare pair of those expensive but very effective wiper blades, which although not needed just yet, will be. Thus the service cost me about £230-00, a bit of an improvement on the original quote!

Of course it normally only pays to go out of area if you are already intending to go in that direction for other reasons. However, it is still worth callinig your nearest dealers and after they give you their first price, ask how much they can get the cost down!

imac
Mar 3rd, 2006, 21:25
No Volvo do not. They will have a recommended time and check list, but costs will vary depending on labour rates. My local dealer quoted £345-00 for the first 12,000 miles service. When I asked for a better price, he dropped to £300-00.

As I was going down to the West Country, within the service "window" I enquired in Plymouth. After a discussion, they did the service for £260-00 which also included a spare pair of those expensive but very effective wiper blades, which although not needed just yet, will be. Thus the service cost me about £230-00, a bit of an improvement on the original quote!

Of course it normally only pays to go out of area if you are already intending to go in that direction for other reasons. However, it is still worth callinig your nearest dealers and after they give you their first price, ask how much they can get the cost down!

Good advice. I live in Brighton but travel to Chichester all the time, and my local dealer wanted about £400.00 for a service on my S60 D5. When I phoned the dealer near Chichester (Havant) they wanted £260 provided I provide my own Oil (which costs me about £25 for top stuff from France).

Bit of a difference!

Paul Wildsmith
Mar 3rd, 2006, 22:09
Yes, definietly check out different dealers - there was about a £70 difference on my wife's last C70 service, and about £100 I'm expecting on my S80 D5 service next month. For info, MRG at Chippenham is where I'm going now.

sexysuv69
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:30
Found this package in Malaysia Volvo...just translate into GBPs unit for unit, no conversion?

http://www.volvocars.com.my/VolvoOwnership/MaintenancePackages/MaintenanceXC90T6.htm

perussell
Apr 19th, 2006, 16:44
Just had the 24,000 miles service on my D5 XC90 last week at MRG Chippenham. Total cost was £350 but that included £50 for a wheel alignment exercise so guess the standard costs would have been about £300 - not bad for a £44000 car and a hell of a lot cheaper than I suspect Merc owners would pay for a ML.

st5ve
Apr 19th, 2006, 17:11
Found this package in Malaysia Volvo...just translate into GBPs unit for unit, no conversion?

http://www.volvocars.com.my/VolvoOwnership/MaintenancePackages/MaintenanceXC90T6.htm

Malaysia is very expensive for cars, although they do drive on the correct side of the road. The last time I was there it was about 5.5 to 6 RM to the £

xc90er
Apr 19th, 2006, 21:33
Just had the 24,000 miles service on my D5 XC90 last week at MRG Chippenham. Total cost was £350 but that included £50 for a wheel alignment exercise so guess the standard costs would have been about £300 - not bad for a £44000 car and a hell of a lot cheaper than I suspect Merc owners would pay for a ML.

I dunno. Just looked at the latest 997 - 911 at the solihull dealer web site http://www.porsche.com/all/uk/?solihull . It requires servicing every 2 years and costs (apparently) £342. That is a car which cost more than 60k and 16 mpg urban. My xc90 T6 does 14mpg in town and is hardly a porsche. Can sit 7 people though. :thinking2: