PDA

View Full Version : 440 turbo ´89 with what Turbine?

VR
May 2nd, 2003, 23:36
hello

i am new here just came because here is special place for 400 seria hehe.

does any one know what turbine 440 GLTi 1721cc = renault motor ´89 came with?

with thanks.

VR
May 3rd, 2003, 21:30
could be 460 , the hood say 460 on green sticker but i am sure it is 440 body well i got no pink slip or stickers on car to say what brand.

levensnevel
May 4th, 2003, 05:59
VR,

Basically quite simple. The 440 is the hatchback version and the 460 is the sedan version in the 4xx series. Assume the both use the same 'hood'
Have to disappoint you on the engine front: it is just an 8 valve engine originating from Renault.
I've got a my '92 480 Turbo which engine is the B18FT version. The turbo mounted on this engine is Garrett T2.

Levensnevel

a smile every mile

VR
May 4th, 2003, 23:55
hehe like i didnt know that it was 8 valve orginal Renault ;)

i cant race on my clio if i dont have renault engine }( and mine Na is almost full tune (just need turbo or nitro to finish the touch and Turbo engine are stronger then Na so why not use turbo engine rather then tune NA with turbo) then old school Volvo engine cost less then Renault engine! hehe

edit: my turbo is a sedan and i heard hood dont fit on 440 and 460 so it must be 460 , the turbo look like T3 and it is has lot of rust so i am gonna get better one = was gonna do that any way.

Ben H
May 5th, 2003, 14:19
What sort of Clio have you got? Anything to take on us 16v/Williams boys? Why did you fit a 1.7 unit that was never in the Clio rather than a GT Turbo or 16v/Williams engine??

BB Tuning have now broadened their focus away from the 5 GT Turbo and have given us the 16v/Willy Turbo conversion for the F7P/R engines. Low boost conversions make about 230bhp and high boost make 300+bhp. A couple of people in a club I'm in have them and they really offer true supercar performance - 300+bhp per ton anyone??!!

Sadly even the low-boost is £6,000. :(

Daniel M
May 5th, 2003, 14:48
Hi boys..
I have to admit, i dont like all this Renault talk on here, being a keen Volvo man, but my Girlfriend had a Clio, it was substantially mod`d, and it was quite fun to drive, so i`ll turn a blind eye!
I have a question. I drive a 94` 440 2.0i (B20f engine). I know that this is a Renault engine, so i was wondering if perhaps the boys at BBPerformance would be able to have a little fiddle under my bonnet?? I`d love some extra bhp, but sourcing anyting other than a Turbo lump from a donor 440 is all but impossible. Im not after mega increases in power, maybe another 50hp or so.

Let me know what you think, Dan.

P.s. To the chap above asking about model numbers, this is a 440...(mine actually)

Ben H
May 5th, 2003, 17:58
I'm afraid that another 50bhp is pretty much impossible to obtain without radical modification to the cams/timing/throttle body (bodies)/manifolds/head etc or forced induction. Please don't believe that you can get 50bhp from regular mods such as chip/exhaust/filter/de-cat!!

A free-flow exhaust (inc. de-cat), filter/induction kit and chip should net you about 5+bhp at the flywheel (no matter what people tell you) and will iron out flat spots/make the car more driveable. But if you want 50bhp then be prepared to open your wallet or get a turbo!

VR
May 5th, 2003, 23:37
No but i would like 16v or william reno hehe.
it is just a 1200cc orginal ´96 clio = True sleeper if he would not have sponsor stickers on him ;)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/261000-261999/261251_19_full.jpg

my 1721cc Volvo B18U (Renault made) http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/261000-261999/261251_13_full.jpg and http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/261000-261999/261251_12_full.jpg

it fit with few moddifie changes but hard to change parts (need to pull engine up to swap big parts)

i would not try to drive my clio as street car.. he is a race car and i would soon be dead after few kilometers because of power is sick

my mec got spare volvo engine that he sold my for very cheap + he tune it to that it is = Volvo specilist and Renault engine cost to much ;) (car was bought with blown motor)

edit: oh yeah turbine is T2 , same as can be found in Renault 5 Gt turbo. engine is build on renault 19.