PDA

View Full Version : 480 2.0i.....new problem...... the story continues

alfonzobonzo
May 12th, 2003, 09:01
Dan,Ben, thanks for your input.

Ok, so I fixed the sheared rear engine mount. Had to replace the bracket aswell, because it had a dirty great crack in it, I noticed that the replacement bracet had double thickness of metal . (The section in the haynes manual about this procedure was written by a blind man. .o)

stuck some slick50 in, cos that cant do any harm engine coming up-to 100,000 miles

and also wacked in a KN replacement filter.........

now when the engine is hot and idling, the revs keep cycling from 750rpm to 2000rpm. each cycle takes about 3 seconds?????

Dan, did you have anything like this happen? Is it an air filter problem??

.....Just when you think its all over........its NOT.

alfonzobonzo
May 12th, 2003, 14:08
SOrted it, waggled M.A.S about abit, problem went away.

Must have disturbed its sleep when i put the KN in.. :o)

alfonzobonzo
May 13th, 2003, 12:58
I realise that i'm talking to myself alot her but this might help out Aadd on his 460.

what i thought was an airflow sensor is actually the air temperature sensor, This seems to be causing the problem

cheers

alfonzobonzo
May 14th, 2003, 10:56
Hi all, changed my mind again, problem came back! took the air temp sencer off , no change, waggles inlet pipe, same problem, so not the air sencer,

waggled some other stuff, and the problem seems to be in the wire loom which feeds what I think is the knock sensor?? and the coolent temp sensor on the front of the engine.

so i pulled the loom through the cable tie which holds it captive about 1/2" and the problem has gone away (i hope). so i recon ther must be a fault in the engine coolent temperature sensor wire?

does this sound more likely??

any way seems ok now.

460Turbo850 man
May 14th, 2003, 21:03
Hi
If you have put a bolt on K & N when the engine is warm ie on tick over you will get hot air going in to the filter which will give you bad idle probelms.

Richard Menesse.
Ex 460 Turbo owner

alfonzobonzo
May 19th, 2003, 06:50
its been runnin fine, since i pulled on t the loom. + theres a realy nice deep booming noise at about 3500-3700rpm, sounds goooooood :)

Dan F
May 27th, 2003, 09:33
Hi.

Sorry I haven't replied but I have been away.

Back now though so keep 'em coming!
:)

Dan.