PDA

View Full Version : Old and New 440`s...

Daniel M
May 12th, 2003, 21:24
Hi, Dan again.
I have a question regarding the first 440`s and the last 440`s. Ive recently been able to sorce (brand new unfortunatly, not the cheapest option) the 440 Bodykit. I have been corresponding with owners on other forums, but have been told this-the front bumper was designed for the mk1 440`s, so it wont fit my new shape `94 model. Does anybody know if the mounts are that different? I have seen a mk1 460, with a new shape front end grafted on with the bodykit bumper. Does this fit because the original mounts are there do you think, or do you think its probably a mass DIY job? I dont want to miss this opportunity because of a few holes being in the wrong place. Any help or ideas, anything, greatly appreciated.

Dan

gavdidit
May 13th, 2003, 10:31
sorry mate can't help with the query as i have only had my '92 440 glt for a month and really don't have a clue about things like that (not yet anyway!). But i would like to know where you got your kit from and how much it is (with pics if poss)

cheers in advance

Daniel M
May 13th, 2003, 17:49
Hi,
Im not expecting a massive surge in replies-if i get the kit, i will make it fit!! I have all the part numbers from Volvo UK for the kit, and i checked them on my local Volvo database-your pockets will have to be pretty well lined to afford it, as the complete kit, brand new mind you, costs a whopping £1065(ish). Im only after the front bumper so i will only have to part with around £290. I`ll attach a pic of the kit for you, but if you go to the gallery you can see a few pics of the kit (and mine too!-Daniel Moores...!). It consists of front and back bumpers side skirts and complete arch extensions (similar to Ford RS skirts). It is a nice kit, if applied properly. Ive seem some sorry states in my time, very rarely you see one in good condition.
Anyway, if you want anymore info and/or part numbers, mail me and i`ll post them.

Dan