PDA

View Full Version : Help, Damsel in disress, No spark in my 460

sivyour
Jun 8th, 2003, 14:10
After spending 7 hours in ASDA car park, I finally gave up and called Green Flag. They were kind enough to tow us home but had no idea as to why I dont have a spark from my HT leads. I have changes the dry coil (renix) but stil have no spark. It has been suggested that I check the ECU but I have no idea where this is located as I am a Metro person ordinarily ( like to keep things simple.) Can anyone tell me where this is?

sick boy
Jun 11th, 2003, 23:46
Hello damsel, you may be getting to involved with jumping straight to the ecu. the most commen problem is usually your flywheel pickup sensor on top of the gear box.(little black thing below the distributor cap) Try this first before anything.

terrastudioswrk
Jun 16th, 2003, 10:57
Hey, check out what sick-boy suggested above, but if u still cant find ur ECU and its the same as my 440s 18U engine, the ECU is bolted on the body under da windscreen, got your ht lead running out of it, plus couple of ignition leads etc.. running in (block of 3 on the left hand side (facing), ht lead comes out on the right if i remember correctly).

hth.