PDA

View Full Version : New XC90 - Noise and Phones !

Worthywow
Mar 9th, 2006, 19:39
Hi ! I picked up my new (well second hand) D5 XC90 geartronic (2004) and gave it it's first run today :animal-smiley-037:

So far very impressed - once up and running ticks along very nicely - I was even getting close to 40 mpg between 70 and 80 !

I've got a couple of questions ...

Firstly, I've driven a few diesels and the engine seems a touch noisy when accelerating away - I guess this is normal but would be interested in people's imaginative descriptions of what level of 'noise' is normal ! Also I can feel some engine vibration in the steering wheel as well - nothing too bad but it's certainly there !

Secondly, the car has all the buttons for the integrated phone and has the SIM holder but not the phone buttons on the steering wheel - the dealer was somewhat vague about whether this car had the integrated phone option. There is a separate handsfree kit/cradle so I wonder if they have disabled the integrated phone option - if I have the SIM holder etc. does this mean I have the phone option ?

Either way, I am going to replace the Nokia cradle with a Bluetooth cradle (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5686.htm) so I'll let you how I get on !

Also I have an MP3 transmitter - if this works with the roof antenna I'll let you know !

Cheers,

Richard

perussell
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:26
Doesn't sound like you have the factory fit phone installed. All XC90s have the phone keyboard but there should also be what is effectively an on/off button on the other side of the steering wheel from your cruise control button and a separate (wired) handset in the centre console immediately behind the cup holders behind the gear shift.
Any Volvo dealer should know that so I am amazed he can't tell you

perussell
Mar 10th, 2006, 11:28
Doesn't sound like you have the factory fit phone installed. All XC90s have the phone keyboard but there should also be what is effectively an on/off button on the other side of the steering wheel from your cruise control button and a separate (wired) handset in the centre console immediately behind the cup holders behind the gear shift.
Any Volvo dealer should know that so I am amazed he can't tell you

and yes, mine sounds just like a tractor under hard acceleration but it's really quite refined when cruising