PDA

View Full Version : This Info centre really is a pain 480

mikeh123
Jun 10th, 2003, 22:35
I have posted before now I am looking for help and ideas of what else i can buy.

The info centre on my 480 lost all information. The backlight works but no fuel gauge temp etc etc.

I checked a 4 prong relay thing behind the glove box, cleaned it , no difference. Where would I get a new one of these ?? 1992 J reg 480 Turbo

Then I bought a new info centre and switch and fitted them - guess what same thing, backlight but no info.

So now what. I saw the PCB , strapped to the back of the speedo that seems to be part of it. I 'm not keen on soldering etc and am not sure if this is the problem. Does anuybody have this board that works. Any other relays or wires or fuses etc I can test by buying new ones.

I just want my fuel gauge and it's costing me a fortune.

Thanks again in advance for any help

Guessing how much fuel I have is getting dicey and I know I'll run out one day in the middle of nowhere.

C6REW
Jun 12th, 2003, 20:44
Hi Mike,

I am also suffering with an info centre that will not show me anything. I have stripped the dash down and replaced it and every thing that appears to be involved with it. However I recently had a response from someone on the 480 Europe club site who explained that there was some connection with the radio and I have recently replaced the radio in mine. Not had time to investigate as of yet.

I have put together a useful adobe acrobat file with pictures of removing the dash if you want a copy send me an email to chris@swi.org.uk.

If you live near Devizes I have also made a set of extension leads to allow working on the dash that may be of use.

Regards

Chris