PDA

View Full Version : S60 2004 grom audio issues

ammurad
Jan 12th, 2013, 19:57
Hi folks, glad to have recently got an s60 d5 and absolutely love it! My first post on this forum, so hi everyone!

Today I spent a lot of time installing a grom mp3 adaptor in my car. It is connected to a hu-650. However I can't get the hu650 to recognise the grom unit as a CD changer. There is power to the grom, the wires are connected tight and grounding is good. I've even updated the software on the from unit but still the hu doesn't identify the grom as a CD changer.

Has anyone else had this issue? Radio works OK otherwise. Help!

xc70jason
Jan 12th, 2013, 21:09
Ha ha,have you tried pressing the cd button twice?.

By pressing it twice it should show up on the display as,10 Disc Changer.

Jason

ammurad
Jan 12th, 2013, 22:31
Ha ha,have you tried pressing the cd button twice?.

By pressing it twice it should show up on the display as,10 Disc Changer.

Jason

Yes I have.still no luck.

xc70jason
Jan 12th, 2013, 22:46
Hi,is it this one you have?,

http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/reduced-to-clear-c-18/volvo-usb-mp3-integration-kit-discontinued-model-p-116

How do you know that there is power too the Grom unit?.Have you got a USB stick pluged in that is flashing?.

Jason

ammurad
Jan 12th, 2013, 23:00
Hi,is it this one you have?,

http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/reduced-to-clear-c-18/volvo-usb-mp3-integration-kit-discontinued-model-p-116

How do you know that there is power too the Grom unit?.Have you got a USB stick pluged in that is flashing?.

Jason

I have a different one, I have the ips3 unit. I can tell its on as the led is on inside of it. And it flashes when I updated its firmware.

xc70jason
Jan 12th, 2013, 23:21
Do you mean IPD3 unit?,as i can't find the IPS3 as you stated.

http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/ipod-iphone-kits-c-1/volvo-ipod-iphone-bluetooth-integration-kit-p-49

If so,it look's like you select it be turning the "source" button.

Click on the link and scroll down and click on the video on the right.

We'll get there,

Jason

ammurad
Jan 12th, 2013, 23:37
I have tried all of that. I have turned the source button and it doesn't detect the grom unit at all. I spent hours today checking connect ions, fuses, YouTube videos and forums, couldn't fond any solution.

Is there a way to 'hard reset' the hu 650? read somewhere
That it helped someone? Otherwise only other thing I can think of is a faulty din connection?

It is the ipd3 sorry for the typo.

A lex
Jan 12th, 2013, 23:39
I had a very similar issue - turned out the cable harness supplied by Grom was faulty.

Exchange unit worked OK.

(Just be really, really 101% sure that your ground is good, as this is the other top reason that they dont work).

Chris_Rogers
Jan 13th, 2013, 09:53
I had a faulty harness as well (replaced by Grom) but the symptoms where that the Grom worked but the existing satnav and TV didn't.

If you have a meter or a battery and bulb, check each pin of the din socket is connected to the din plug and each wire on the grom plug is connected to a pin in the din plug.

ammurad
Jan 26th, 2013, 16:11
Hey, thanks for all your help folks. Turned out to be a faulty harness. Apparently quite common! Anyway problem solved and works like a charm now.

A lex
Jan 26th, 2013, 17:17
Thanks for the update.

Glad its sorted :)