PDA

View Full Version : 480 Turbo Computer

Daniel M
Aug 4th, 2003, 16:08
Hi People..

The computer on the 480-it is renowned for malfunctioning, yes? Well, it`s developed a new problem now. Occasionally, but more recently lately, it has been throwing a party! The green blocks cycle round the gauge in whatever order they please (by themselves, without me touching the knob), and parts of numbers and insane readings appear in the little display at the bottom. A swift but harmless tap to the dash above the comp. seems to sort it out.

I have my suspicions as to what it is, but would like to hear from anyone who has a solution, knows what it is or has had similar experiences.

Any help appreciated! Dan ;)

mike s
Aug 18th, 2003, 19:37
My 95 Celebration does exactly the same thing.
Sometimes giving the dash a clout cures it, sometimes not.
I've had the dash out a couple of times (easier than you think), cleaned & checked all the contacts etc. This cures the problem for a while but not permanently.
When I get time I'll have it out again & do a thorough check with a magnifier for dry joints & cracked circuit tracks - the main causes.
Mike Sterland

Daniel M
Aug 18th, 2003, 22:42
Hi Mike,

Cheers for that-glad we arent the only ones experiencing these probs. It doesn`t seem to happen often, just annoying when it does! It`s my Dad`s car, and its in showroom condition, so i think he`ll just leave it, and put up with a clout every now and again! If you ever do find out the real problem, let us know. Good luck, and cheers again!

Dan