PDA

View Full Version : V50 Front Disks and Wheel torque value

7050man
Mar 19th, 2006, 09:07
Hi everyone, I decideded to have the front wheels off my 5 month old V50 2.0D yesterday, to clean all the suspension and brake components and have a general look around after 11000 miles of use.

I found the front disks are clamped to the hub by the wheel bolts. In addition and with the wheel off, the disk is free to float along the hub as there is no locating spigot pin (unlike my old V70). I've heard of floating calipers, but not floating disks. Is this a Ford influence ?

Second point; does anyone know the correct wheel bolt torque value? I can't find it anywhere in the handbook.

Finally, I'd recommend that anyone with one of these cars removes their wheels and puts some copper grease around the wheel hub and inner locating surface of the wheel. Although my wheel came off easily, there was some rust beggining to form on the hub (steel) which will if left, make getting the wheel off a bit difficult at some point in the future.
Don't put too much on though.
Jez

4 forty
Mar 19th, 2006, 11:57
the wheel nuts should be torqued up to 90mn.
the brake disc is only held by one spring clip on the wheel bolt, this is fitted at the factory to assist assembly, and is discarded after intial disc removal.

paul

7050man
Mar 19th, 2006, 13:20
the wheel nuts should be torqued up to 90mn.
the brake disc is only held by one spring clip on the wheel bolt, this is fitted at the factory to assist assembly, and is discarded after intial disc removal.

paul

Thanks Paul.
Jez