PDA

View Full Version : 440 Rear Numberplate Mount.....

Daniel M
Aug 14th, 2003, 22:30
Hi...(I`ve posted this in the wants section too)

As the title suggests, im looking for a rear numberplate surround for my 440. Im not after the plain black sort as used on the phase 1 440`s, im after the red reflective type as used on the newer shape models. I did find one, but it snapped as it came off, and i haven`t seen one since. Attached is a pic of the mount (the red reflective/black plastic bit between the light clusters) incase your wondering what i mean!

So anyone know of a yard that has one, or has one themselves they`d be willing to part with, let me know.

Thanks in advance, Dan

P.s. And if anyone see`s the oh so rare bodykit for the 440 in a scrapyard anywhere, (pref. East Anglia), or know of anyone selling one (a bodykit) let me know!

graham_m
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:42
hello dan i was hoping i could make this post a request for your adrress so i could post one to you but unfortunaly not :( i saw one in the scrap yard yesterday while i was pulling a front light lens of a volvo as my bonnet decided to come down while i was working on it and the arm that holds up the bonnet smashed mine, i asked the scrap yard how much, he said if i could get it off i could have it and sniggered ???. so i carefully tried to get it off and guess what the right hand reflector bust, sorry about that but i will continue to look for you.
PS after i busted it he said they have never got one off without busting it and sugested zippo lighter fluid to soften the adhesive that holds it on.
graham

Daniel M
Aug 17th, 2003, 12:08
Hi Graham...

Cheers, appreciate that mate. I managed to get one for my last 440, but it was in the middle of summer so the stuff had probably softened up a fair bit. But yeah, appreciate you trying-if you do find another one, that would be cool! All the scrappies round here have got the old shape 440s, no new ones! (It`s a small town).

Thanks again-keep those eyes peeled!

Dan ;)