PDA

View Full Version : V50 2.0D SE Sport in Passion Red

Trebor
Mar 22nd, 2006, 21:31
Thinking about getting my first Volvo - a V50 SE Sport in Passion Red!

I've not seen any on the road, mostly blue, grey or black!

Any thoughts?

Thanks...Trebor

Rooster
Mar 24th, 2006, 21:18
Nice looking them in red with kit and 18's on

What engine were you looking at,

Trebor
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:33
Thinking about 2.0 Diesel Euro IV.

I agree it is a nice looking car but as I have not seen any on the road, I wonder why. The Passion Red is also a no cost option as compared to metallic/pearl paints at £500!

Marmoset
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:39
Take a look over on Swedespeed.com, plenty of photos of passion reds ones over there. They lok quite nice, I've got a ruby red one myself and haven't seen another one the same colour yet.

Trebor
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:07
Marmoset, thanks.

I have had a quick look but not been able to locate any photos of Passion Red V50s. Could you post some links to the photos?
Thanks...Trebor

Marmoset
Mar 25th, 2006, 22:08
Here you go, the owners gallery, there's a few about half way down.

http://www.deepnetconsulting.com/swedespeed/gallery/s40v50/

Rich

Trebor
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:52
Marmoset,

Thanks once again!

Seen a Passion Red V50 in the flesh...looks like that's the colour I'll go for!!

keclee23
Apr 4th, 2006, 14:30
Marmoset,

Thanks once again!

Seen a Passion Red V50 in the flesh...looks like that's the colour I'll go for!!

I would do the same if I was in your position. Looking at the colors a second time, I wish we had decided on red.

Go for it.....

Philip Fisher
Apr 7th, 2006, 14:28
I have a V50 2.0D S in Passion Red.

Slightly disappointed in my choice of colour when it arrived. I don't think that the red suits the shape, especially around the bonnet/front wing area. In addition, the bump strips/roof bars are in black (on the S trim at least) and stick out a bit on the red colour. Mine is a company car and I could only have the no cost options so only could chose Red/Blue or White. In hindsight I would go for the dark blue.

Cheers

Philip

webbie
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:37
I was offered Passion Red with Xenons or Titanium Grey without Xenons when I was buying a new V50 SE Sport.

I liked both colours equally and thought the red looked sportier and more noticable but in the end the salesman put me off.

He said with the titanium grey I wouldnt have to work so hard to keep it looking clean and polished as red would be harder to keep looking fresh plus he said titanium grey would make the car more desirable come trade in time and help hold it's value more.

dont know if thats right but the RED one I was offered back in August last year is still on the forecourt today (5 months later)

Webbie