PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Fuel LPG

draigbiker
Mar 12th, 2013, 10:05
Just over a week ago I bought myself my very first Volvo and sold my 2.0l Hyundai. The mail aim was to save some cash on fuel and increase the car's payload (Hyundai Sonata saloon) for the three kids. With that in mind, I opted for the 2002 51 plate V40 with factory fitted Bi-Fuel LPG 1.8 and ran the car for commuting as I did the old car (no high mileage inner city work, but a rural 30 miles or so round trip). Previous fuel spending ranged from £200 - £250 per month and so with trepidation I filled the gas tank to the brim at a cost of £23 and set off with a Sunday shopping trip with the family and then a week commuting. Friday came and the tank emptied with 2 miles to go on the journey home switching seamlessly to unleaded without missing a beat. That takes the cost down from £55 to £23 a week, and I'm doing my bit for the environment too ! :thumbs_up:

I hope that once I get the car serviced (engine management light tripped by the lambda sensor) it may even get better. 146000 on the clock and it still feels smooth to drive, love. Switching over from LPG to unleaded and back is automatic and cold starting in the morning, unleaded is used for about 20 - 30 seconds.

The only downside is the fact I've had to pay a visit to the scrappy for a £20 alloy and tyre for a spare, the LPG tank takes up the spare tyre and the car could do with a good clean.

So far, I'm a happy driver. :thumbs_up:

Daim
Mar 12th, 2013, 18:05
You're best posting this (as V40 I) in the V40 section :)

draigbiker
Mar 13th, 2013, 08:54
Damn,
Copied and moved, sorry folks
:thumbs_up: