PDA

View Full Version : At Last

graham_m
Sep 3rd, 2003, 20:07
i had quite a few little niggles with the way my 440 gli 1990 ran, first it was really bad at low revs (choking up) i then changed the fuel filter that seemed to work for a bit then it just came back i guess it was coincedence that it stoped the same time. then there is the revs jumping around on tickover beetween 800 and 1500. then there was the starter motor only working when it wanted to work.
Well i'd just about given up on this and thought it was time to take it to a garage when my mate said lets have a look, he looked for a while then checked the battery connections the earth was ok but the positive connection had been overtightened and had craked, it was still making good contact (or so i thought)but for the sake of £1.65 i changed it anyway. and now the revs stay steady around 900, the car hasnt splutered yet and it starts first time on the key :)
is it just coincedence that this all happened at once or could that connection really of fixed it all ? I am pretty sure it did but just wanted reasurance :) as i didnt think that the old connection was that bad.
Graham