PDA

View Full Version : central locking

graham_m
Sep 5th, 2003, 21:00
please please please cam somebody help me i have spent so much time doing up my 440 gli g reg and i like everything that is supposed to work WORK. i cant suss out the central locking, i have changed the door motor, checked all the fuses, changed the relay (well i think it was the right one) and nothing happends
when you unlock the drivers door you can here a slight electrical click coming from the motor swith in the door but no other doors unlock or lock. I havnt got much money so i cant afford to take it to a garage aand i am pretty handy with a tool kit. Please could someone tell me where the relay is so i can be sure i changed the right one and any other idea,s you good people might have.
Thanks
Graham :)

Daniel M
Sep 5th, 2003, 22:36
Hi Graham...

Sorry mate, don't have a clue! Got one idea though-get a Haynes Manual! It's helped me out a bit-i should imagine it will have something about the central locking in it!

Good luck, Dan ;)

mikeholroyd
Sep 6th, 2003, 00:07
Hi Graham

Central locking module is wire-tied to steering column. Easy ID as it has 2 sets of green, 2 sets of yellow, a brown, and a red/blue cable in the multiplug attached to the relay. You can get to the relay by dropping the lower dash trim, 3 round push clips.
Hope this helps. I do have my own wiring diagram of the relay that I did when converting my own to remote central locking via the car alarm. This forum won't allow me to attach files of this size, so if you want to e-mail me direct on mikeholroyd@btinternet.com, I will be happy to send you what info I can.

Regards,

Mike
1992J 440GLi 1.8