PDA

View Full Version : Stereo/DVD: - Rear DVD system

Princesstilly
Apr 28th, 2013, 15:12
Hi to everyone here on this forum

I am a newbie to the volvo world having just in the last couple of days bought ourselves a 04 80k executive D5

We purchased it from a national franchised dealership and we weren't too impressed with the way buying process had gone but that will need another thread to discuss further?

My question is relating to the factory installed DVD system ? We can't get the volume to go lower using the remote or pressing the control unit in the centre console ? The remote batteries were changed but made no different ?

It driving us crazy as our young children want to watch the DVD but it that loud we can't concentrate on driving ! Can't use the wireless headphones as the youngest is two so will pull them off !

Any help please ? We have followed the instructions on the card and read the manual but too no avail !

Regards
Princess Tilly

Funky Diver
Apr 28th, 2013, 15:25
If yours is the same as ours, the IR receiver is under the passenger headrest for volume / sound system interface.

Hope that helps

Clan
Apr 28th, 2013, 16:12
Hi to everyone here on this forum

I am a newbie to the volvo world having just in the last couple of days bought ourselves a 04 80k executive D5

We purchased it from a national franchised dealership and we weren't too impressed with the way buying process had gone but that will need another thread to discuss further?

My question is relating to the factory installed DVD system ? We can't get the volume to go lower using the remote or pressing the control unit in the centre console ? The remote batteries were changed but made no different ?

It driving us crazy as our young children want to watch the DVD but it that loud we can't concentrate on driving ! Can't use the wireless headphones as the youngest is two so will pull them off !

Any help please ? We have followed the instructions on the card and read the manual but too no avail !

Regards
Princess Tilly

The rear seat entertainment isnt linked in to the rest of the car at all , it stands alone and has it's own remote which has to be pointed at the rear screens to work . you say you cant use the headphones so where exactly is the sound coming from ?

Funky Diver
Apr 28th, 2013, 17:06
Clan,

If its factory fit Rear DVD with premium sound system you can have the audio coming through the rear speakers.

This is different to UK dealer fit, where I understand you can't do this.

On the factory fit system, the IR sensor for the DVD is built into the screens, the IR sensor for audio volume (ie the volume control for the amp) is under the passenger headrest.

Shadeyman
Apr 28th, 2013, 17:25
Is it possible to buy the headrests and fit them yourself?

Funky Diver
Apr 28th, 2013, 17:57
There should be no reason why not.

The systems come up ebay quite a bit... Plus the connections are prewired under the centre console up to a connector.

Shadeyman
Apr 28th, 2013, 18:46
There should be no reason why not.

The systems come up ebay quite a bit... Plus the connections are prewired under the centre console up to a connector.

That's another one for my "To Do" list ... :thumbs_up:

Princesstilly
Apr 29th, 2013, 09:50
Thanks for the wise words I will try the remote aimed at the headrest but before will change the batteries again to make sure ? The remote is a RC 70 which is well used having a missing button it does mute the sound but not turn it down ?

Failing the advice given guess I should be in my rights to take back to the dealers and ask them to investigate further ? I found some receipt in the paperwork I was given that showed nearly £600 was spent on fixing the DVDs ?