PDA

View Full Version : V70 D5 running costs

FrankB
Apr 5th, 2006, 20:36
I am new here, so I hope this is the correct forum, if not please forgive me.

I am thinking of replacing my current car (not a Volvo) with a 2/3 year old V70 D5, but would like to know what maintenance costs are like. Could anyone tell me what main dealers charge for services, (and frequency ), what a cam belt costs to replace (and frequency). What life do you get from tyres ?. Lastly I do a fair bit of towing and quite like MAD springs, has anyone got experience of them on a V70? what is the ride like with them..

Many thanks

imac
Apr 5th, 2006, 23:50
I am new here, so I hope this is the correct forum, if not please forgive me.

I am thinking of replacing my current car (not a Volvo) with a 2/3 year old V70 D5, but would like to know what maintenance costs are like. Could anyone tell me what main dealers charge for services, (and frequency ), what a cam belt costs to replace (and frequency). What life do you get from tyres ?. Lastly I do a fair bit of towing and quite like MAD springs, has anyone got experience of them on a V70? what is the ride like with them..

Many thanks

Most services seem to be £250 - £350 and are every 12,000 miles or 12 Months (I think the newer ones extend this to 18k / 12 Months).

Cambelt is included in the 96k service and costs an addtional £200 from a main dealer.

Tyres should last 15-20k on the front and 40k+ on the back. Really depends on the type of tyre and how you drive.

Can't help with the question re springs I'm afraid!