PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name??

Jonathan_angelo
Apr 7th, 2006, 00:49
Hiya gang,

Having just decided that my 1989 760 Turbo should be called 'Kitty' after an old friend of mine who died at the age of 100, i wondered what other people call their Volvo?

My Volvo is a big part of my family and represents, all the best bits that my old friend kitty represented, hence the naming.

What do you call your old girl??

Let me know!

Regards,

jono

adieu
Apr 7th, 2006, 00:52
Ah the old name game...well mine is know as "The OVLOV" , "THE GREEN THING" , "COW" and "WHAT THE F%$K WAS THAT!!!!!!"

OH nearly forgot..." Ah it's only a Volvo lets get him at the lights!" "Yes darling this car is a fast Nova/Saxo/BMW,(delete as applicable)....." my foot slipped, no it is fast honest!" driver thinking what the Hell!!!!

so i guess even the word "HELL" might discribe my car.

If I think of anymore I wil add them....

Regards

Iain

Jonathan_angelo
Apr 7th, 2006, 00:59
LOL - thanks Iain!

imac
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:56
I call my S60 er... "the S60" or sometimes "the D5".

We call our 850 estate "the estate" and our 850 saloon "the saloon"

Not really big on naming cars....!

bobcat
Apr 7th, 2006, 12:23
never really named cars either, but i call my current car "the R" for obvious reasons.

luminova
Apr 7th, 2006, 13:04
All my cars have been called Betsy as have my Dad's and my late Grandfather's. I guess it must be a family thing.

Bryan

morsing
Apr 7th, 2006, 13:22
The only car I've ever named is "Big Red" and that's not a Volvo.

Jonathan_angelo
Apr 7th, 2006, 14:22
When i come to think of it, you either name your car "Betsie" or "Bessy" or your don't name it at all!!

Whats with that?

In recent weeks my mates have been calling my 760 the "Val-voo Tarboo". Its kinda of a norfolk thing.

Jono

Pedro Fandango
Apr 7th, 2006, 15:18
http://www.covcrew.co.uk/volvo-850-t5/t51.JPG
mines called "BIG TOSSER", i brought the plate to read as "BIG T5R" but didn't twig how it read :mumbles:

S60-MBS
Apr 7th, 2006, 18:11
hi there,
mines called MISS BEHAVIN...lol... named by the lovely MissDmeanor