PDA

View Full Version : V50 Keyless Entry/Drive

Trebor
Apr 9th, 2006, 16:45
I'm thinking about speccing "keyless drive" option on my new V50 to be ordered in the near future.

My wife has it on her Renault Clio and having now got used to it, she finds it very useful.

Two Volvo dealers I have spoken to have not seen it on a V50 and I was wondering if in place of the key socket on the dash whether or not there is a push Start/Stop button as on the Clio. Dealers seem to think that you need to turn the key!

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks...Trebor

the great one
Apr 9th, 2006, 18:08
you just get a plastic key that sits in the hole where the key would go. you can remove the plastic key and use the normal key to

timtopping
Sep 21st, 2010, 10:31
does anyone know where there are some pic / spec for this ?

how does it work, I know you have a dial that goes in the key slot, but will the car start just because you have the proper key with you or do you need some fancy electrics fitted ???

SpeedyReedy
Sep 21st, 2010, 19:24
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2008/2008_V50/08v50_06.htm#pg144

Page 144 gives a description that may be of use.

timtopping
Sep 21st, 2010, 20:20
Thanks, looks like its an additional extra

SiRS2000
Sep 21st, 2010, 21:09
I have key less entry & drive,

No special keys are required the system works by you just keeping the standard car key on your person, you open the doors by pulling any of the door handles. To lock the doors again you just press the small button on any of the door handles as long as you have the key with you.

To start the car you have a plastic twist start in the ignition key barrel, this can be substituted by the car, key both of which you operate as a normal car key in the ignition barrel.

If you require any pictures I will gladly take some tomorrow & post them up.

timtopping
Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:18
thanks, do you know what the part name for the barrel dial is ?