PDA

View Full Version : The fraternity of Volvo owners.

dave r
Apr 11th, 2006, 16:47
Just been shopping in Peterborough, it's hell in there!
One little moment lifted my afternoon though, having actually got into the multi-storey car park, I joined the merry-go-round and searched for an empty bay. There must have been at least 8 cars in front of me, all looking for that elusive vacant bay, when there was a quick flash of headlights. The driver of a V70 waited until I was close and with a cheery wave nipped out and let me have his parking bay.

What a gentleman!!

Has anyone else got examples of this brotherhood of Volvo drivers gentlemanly behaviour on the road?

Dave

logicaltuning
Apr 14th, 2006, 19:26
i had a 960 owner wave at me the other day as our cars were the same colour lol

i think my swedish front plates and rhd confused him a bit though :lol:

however, when im out in my corrado, the corrado owners cant help but give a flash of the lights and a wave :D

don kalmar union
Apr 14th, 2006, 20:01
I had a 122S in the '60's and allways got flashed by any other Volvo that passed.

Regards, Don.Norchi.

Pedro Fandango
Apr 14th, 2006, 20:21
not quite the same thing but i used to get flashed & waved at by the local police, they did have an undercover car that was identicle to mine at the time :Dancing_chief:

MissDMeanor
Apr 14th, 2006, 20:26
Pedro, are you sure they weren't just trying to pull you over???:speechless-smiley-0

Pedro Fandango
Apr 14th, 2006, 20:39
Pedro, are you sure they weren't just trying to pull you over???:speechless-smiley-0
:errrr: never thought of that lol

no they just used to give a quick flash of the blues & turn off in another direction etc

MissDMeanor
Apr 14th, 2006, 21:01
If you say so:thinking: :wink_smile:

Pedro Fandango
Apr 14th, 2006, 21:08
If you say so:thinking: :wink_smile:
:omg_smile: what do you take me for (actually, don't answer that lol)