PDA

View Full Version : Advice on purchase, please

whycoyote
Apr 16th, 2006, 01:06
My husband and I looked at a 1985 DL wagon today. It has over 500,000 miles on it, but looks to be in great shape. Does anyone have any advice on whether this would be a wise pruchase? I don't want to be stuck with a lot of repair bills.

Many thanks for any advice I can get.

Stacey

Mike_Brace
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:27
Are you looking at 240 or 740. You will get better response if you post under the 200 or 700 series as the case may be. Whichever you are looking at they both are quite good and reliable but do have there little problems.

Mike

James_N
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:25
Id love to have that mileage out my 740 :D just to see 500k on the clock would be an achievement. Only 360k to go.

not much to go wrong really, in my limited experiance and reading here, headlining tends to go, but thats cosmetic. Water pumps, and the odd PAS rack and thats about it really in my limited experiance.

whycoyote
Apr 16th, 2006, 21:41
Mike, thanks for the suggestion, as you can probably tell, I'm new to this board. It is a 740 and I'll post over there.

I had an '86 about 10 years ago and loved the car, so I'd really like to get another.

James, thanks for the info on yours. The headliner actually looked good, but I'll ask when he replaced the water pump last.