PDA

View Full Version : buying V50 - How much to service?

clod
Apr 16th, 2006, 13:22
Hi,
i'm looking at buying a 2yr old V50 2.0D SE. Just wondering what the servicing costs are like (not a good day to phone a dealer) & what the ownership costs are like. good & bad experiences appreciated - this will be my first volvo!!
cheers

Metblackrat
Apr 16th, 2006, 23:05
Many people took advantage of the 3 years free servicing offer. I would check if it comes with your car as you should have one left (unless it's a high miler).

Marmoset
Apr 17th, 2006, 13:27
The free/cheap servicing only applies to cars registered after 1 Jan 2005, mine was a day too early for that :(

The 12k service at a main dealer was £350 for mine! The 24k is due this week so I'm about to find out about that soon, I may go independant if the difference is big, even though it may make it more difficult for a warranty claim.

Rich

4 forty
Apr 17th, 2006, 16:16
you will have no more difficulty with a warranty claim, whether you use a main or franchised independant dealer, as long as they use genuine volvo parts, and are vat registered, thats all the criteria required.

paul

7050man
Apr 17th, 2006, 20:17
Regarding Volvo dealer servicing, shop around.
There will be differences between agents that may mean saving of £30 -£40.

Also if you supply your own oil, you will possibly save another £20 or more depending on the type of oil you have in you car. In my experience, main dealers will charge you for fully synthetic oil, but only put in semi synthetic. Either way you will pay over the top for whatever is put in, unless you supply it.

shedtastic
Mar 5th, 2007, 15:52
I too am very interested in the servicing costs - I'm looking at a second hand 1.8SE and I think at 45,000 miles it's not far away from the next service at 48,000. Local dealer quoted £295.18 plus £70 for new brake fluid. I can't believe that the service interval for the belt is 92,000 miles! I've never left a belt on for more than 60K and wasn't happy leaving it as long as that - I'd have thought they'd quote 60K miles - anyone had a quote for a 60K mile service?

Neil.

Marmoset
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:20
Not had a quote for a 60k service but my last Mondeo had the belt on for 100k miles with no problems - I was a bit wary when approaching 100k though!