PDA

View Full Version : Engine tuning th XC90

yeoman
Apr 16th, 2006, 17:19
:)Hello everyone,

One of my gripes with the 163BHP XC90 D5 is the sluggishness at low speeds.
A mate of mine suggested a company known as DIESEL TUNER UK.
Has any one had any experience with this company and just how good are their chips?

topkat
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:32
I have a T6 petrol ,and fitted a chip upgrade from Superchips (superchips.com). The car is stronger through the gears with better economy.

carlhunt
Dec 27th, 2006, 22:14
I have a T6 petrol ,and fitted a chip upgrade from Superchips (superchips.com). The car is stronger through the gears with better economy.

How much better?

Ta

Carl

StevePritchard
Jan 2nd, 2007, 19:01
:)Hello everyone,

One of my gripes with the 163BHP XC90 D5 is the sluggishness at low speeds.
A mate of mine suggested a company known as DIESEL TUNER UK.
Has any one had any experience with this company and just how good are their chips?

I've got a Steinbauer box on mine - dead easy to fit yourself. Makes a big difference to pulling out into traffic etc, something that I used to have to try and book 3 weeks in advance.

Cheers,

Steve.

davotoula
Jan 9th, 2007, 15:56
I've got a Steinbauer box on mine...

Hello Steve,

where in the UK did you purchase it and what was the total please?

cheers,
david

StevePritchard
Jan 9th, 2007, 16:53
Hello Steve,

where in the UK did you purchase it and what was the total please?

cheers,
david

This is my actual installation...

http://www.pragmatik-ict.co.uk/xc90.cms

Cheers,

Steve.

Old Grouse
Jan 15th, 2007, 16:50
Hi,

I have a 05 plate (163) XC90

Have the scopio chip from www.dieseltuner.co.uk. Been fitted for 2000+ miles.

Had it fitted as I tow, hoped it would improve torque etc. It has certainly improved on the pulling away hesitation and the car more is responsive. Big plus is the milage increase. Before fitting Computer average was between 29-31mpg, now showing an average 38mpg, 41.8 on long motorway trips. Thought this was to good to be true, so Have checked this, amount of fuel put in/divided by miles, which so far supports the 38 figure.

Early days yet, but so far I am pleased with the investment £375.00, more useful to me than a sat nav.

Old Grouse

yatesspud
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:37
Can one of you guys tell me if i had a chip fitted to my 05 d5 xc90 wether it would invalidate my warranty ? the car seems to be averaging about 35 mpg anyway but would love to get rid of the hesitant pullaway. Thanks.

Gurj
Jan 16th, 2007, 13:58
the car seems to be averaging about 35 mpg anyway .....

My 05 D5 (163) Geartronic (5 speed) is currently only averaging about 26mpg!!
I'm up to about 13,000 miles now (bought Oct 2005). The best it has managed is about 31 mpg during a long Motorway only run when it was new. It's rarely been above 28 mpg since. Perhaps I'm little heavy footed...

yatesspud
Jan 16th, 2007, 15:29
do you have the air con on all the time ? yours xc90 is identical to mine.

Gurj
Jan 17th, 2007, 08:56
Yes, climate always on.

My daily journey is only 12miles each way (50% clear A road, 50% moderate traffic). At weekends I usually do a motorway trip somewhere, which brings
up the millage.

How about you.

yatesspud
Jan 17th, 2007, 09:42
Hardly ever have the climate on as prefer to have the roof open. Only use it for clearing the screen or on hot sunny days( few and far between here) on when doing speed down the autoroutes in France and Spain. In the week the wife drives it up and down to Ipswich or Clacton( 15 motorway miles each way) and ocassionally around town. Neither of us are heavy on the gas, wife is more so than me. Having the cliamte on all the time will hit your mpg as i believe you have the drag of another fan belt running or something(brother a mechanic). Hope that helps.