PDA

View Full Version : Dai! Paging Dai, anyone know whats happened to him?

ChasesDragons
Aug 1st, 2013, 12:10
Hi all,
Bit of a concern, I sent my P1800 for the final part of its repairs to "classicswede" Dai in Anglesey.

That was about Jan 2013 and he has become increasingly difficult to contact. text messages are unanswered and emails the same.

I need to know if he is still around, ok, and if MY car is ok?!?!

I am pretty concerned, was thinking of going up there this weekend, but it will be un anounced and I suspect a bit rude to just turn up.

Any help, last sightings, found alive, new contact numbers will be of great help.

Dai! if you are reading this matey: :car::cellphone::lala::stormy::lightning: :broken_heart: gimme a call, I miss my little car.

Warmest Regards
U

DJS
Aug 1st, 2013, 12:32
He's been on the forum on a regular basis in the last few days, so it is a bit strange that he can't take your calls etc.

I hope that your car is ok.

How much work was being done?

Burdekin
Aug 1st, 2013, 12:38
At least that's 6 months free parking. Seriously though, hope the car is okay and Dai gets in touch...

classicswede
Aug 1st, 2013, 19:04
I'm here, will give you a call on the weekend.

ChasesDragons
Aug 1st, 2013, 23:31
Ah! Flap over. Thanks Dai, if I miss you, please email with a few times to call you.

Dai offered to finalise work after it had a body restoration and respray. Basically do all work to put it on the road for me.

I asked him to install new seals to the windscreens, install a new stainless exhaust, brake hoses, new brakes, new headlights, a bit of Dai-branded pixie dust over the engine.

Thanks guys, I will show it off when I get it back.

Just some advice, if a friend of yours decides to buy one and restore it. Do him a big favour; beat him with a pooey stick and lock him up until this brain fever subsides......NEVER AGAIN!! If it wasn't for this forum the car would be at the bottom of the Irish sea by now.

Regards
Udhi

classicswede
Aug 1st, 2013, 23:40
At least it is almost done. Just a few finishing touches left for you to sort out! The list of little jobs is never ending when doing a full restoration.

ChasesDragons
Aug 4th, 2013, 10:11
You have pm Dai,

Regards
U