PDA

View Full Version : D5 (2005 on) - C70 running like a pig - ECU?

Hawker850
Sep 9th, 2013, 18:40
I have had my very clean, very tidy but very annoying 2009 C70 for nearly a year now, my first diesel.

Right from the third day its engine started hiccuping, rattling and 'misfiring' all accompanied by a turbo lag. I had received it with about a quarter of a tank from the local Asda and I filled it with fuel from another supermarket. The dealer said I had contaminated the fuel with petrol but I was able to show the full receipt of diesel. They stripped the tank, replaced the Air temp sensor and the Air mass valve and and a few other things I can't remember, and gave it back having reset the ECU. It ran ok for a couple of days and then began to revert to its old ways, so they reset the Adaptions in the computer and I tried again.

This was the way it was going, in and out every few weeks with no joy, just temporary reprieve until they had the car for 3 days a couple of months ago and they finally as a last resort deleted all the software and re-installed it ... A different car! Job done everyone thought.

That until last week when over a 1500 mile drive it gradually deteriorated to, dare I say it, even worse. Turbo lag dangerous due to its unpredictability, rattling under the bonnet enough to drown the radio and 'misfiring', although all ok above 2000 rpm on the motorway. It became such that the last 90 miles home I drove in manual, as due to the nature of the roads and hills I felt I was damaging the engine. After a while however I found I could not get 5th gear manually only in auto. The dealer says there were no faults showing on examination, reset everything again, "It drives fine now". But it doesn't, its showing all the symptoms again. I feel that all they are doing is changing the sticking plaster and they need to bite the bullet and change a control computer or two, but they are reluctant to do that, although over the six or seven times its been 'looked at' they are racking up bills for themselves as its on warranty. HELP!

PureplePJ
Dec 20th, 2013, 13:00
Did you get anywhere with this as seems to be exactly the same as mine!