PDA

View Full Version : 1800ES unleaded head - where and how much?

alastair
Aug 26th, 2004, 12:29
Hi,

I'm just found out that Brookhouse don't do unleaded cylinder heads for B20E's any more. Can anyone shed some light on a source for one of these and what the cost is likely to be?

cheers,
alastair

Stuart Read
Aug 27th, 2004, 09:10
Hi Alastair

I live in North Wiltshire and had a head re-seated and new valves supplied by a local engineering firm "South Cerney Engineering". The cost was around £300 then (2 or 3 years ago).

Hope this helps. .

Stuart

classicswede
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:35
This subject affects all B18 & B20 owners and hardly any one knows the answer.Well after 100 of thousands of miles of testing i have the answer, the valve seats show NO signs of wear however the valve guides do.You will notice this by a smoke from the exhaust worse on start up and lift off. this is because the steel valve & guide are designed to be lubricated by the fuel (unleaded & lpg are dry fuels) there are 3 possible solutions 1) approved additive into petrol tank 2) A Flashlube kit direct to manifold - contact FES Autogas on 0845 230 1819 3) alu/silicone/bronze valve guides from ipd (usa), fitting should cost about £150 including regrinding valves & seats. if you would like to discuss this further call me on 01407 832 290