PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again....

Triang
May 5th, 2006, 14:04
My Volvo is back on Ebay again if anyone's interested after being let down by the previous bidder. Although he was a lovley guy he wasn't prepared at all...oh well.

That is the problem with Ebay - it's great for advertising your pride and joy but if you get the wrong guy that's it - you only get one chance and have to stick it on again.

anyway please have a look ( just to make me feel better )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4637416805&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ross

MissDMeanor
May 5th, 2006, 14:06
She looks lovely Ross.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good price and new owner for her:huepfen024:

Triang
May 5th, 2006, 14:09
Thanks Miss D!

(I'm cheering up already!

Alec Dawe
May 6th, 2006, 20:21
Looks like a really nice car. How on earth did she manage to stay in that condition for over 30 years!

If I hadn't just bought my 240GLT I might have been tempted.
Best of luck with the e-bay auction, hope you find a real buyer with a good home for her.

Triang
May 7th, 2006, 15:25
Thanks for the compliment Alec!

Well it was owned by a retired gentleman and his wife until his death in 2003 - he kept it garaged and literally spared no expense on her having all work done by a Volvo Main Agent.

He kept a log of every single penny sprnt as well - amazing. Thats why I labelled it 'Timewarp' - it looks about 3 years old in the flesh. I wish I could find every used car I wanted in that condition!

Thanks again

Ross

Jonathan_angelo
May 7th, 2006, 15:32
Im not interested - but what a beautiful car!!!!!

ivor940
May 7th, 2006, 15:59
Hi, Why only on sale to England, Scotland or Wales?

ivor940

Triang
May 7th, 2006, 21:13
Thanks Jonathan!

Hi Ivor Well if someone comes from another regisration area I have a problem - the DVLA will not accept a new owner address unless it is on the mainland - but if I fill in 'permenant export' I am telling a fib because the new owner is exporting it - not me. On top of that if the new owner fails to complete the export forms properly - the DVLA insists that I am responsible for the car.

On top of that if they come from far away they are unlikley to veiw and the chances are a) they will change their mind and can't be bothered to get on a plane to pick it up or b) having failed to view there is bound to be something they don't like - heavy steering for example that they had not bargained for. This can be embarassing at best and loose the sale at worst.

Ebay is good up to a point , but the bad side is you only end up with one buyer - if they waste your time you have to go through the whole thing again.

So on balance I go for the siomple option and pick UK mainland only!

Ross

Triang
May 8th, 2006, 09:12
Oh and another funny thing about Ebay. Last time I put 'UK Only' and had two bidders from Ireland and one from Germany would you beleive!

( Obviously someone in Frankfurt thinks they are a part of the UK ! ).

So although it looks daft I have to spell it out, England,Wales and Scotland only...

Ross