PDA

View Full Version : Oops, White Polish on Bumpers...

MissDMeanor
May 9th, 2006, 22:38
The paintwork looks fantastic but I'm a mucky puppy and have managed to get polish on the bumpers. Any tricks/advice on removing the polish please?

S60-MBS
May 9th, 2006, 22:44
The paintwork looks fantastic but I'm a mucky puppy and have managed to get polish on the bumpers. Any tricks/advice on removing the polish please?

take look here jules
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18719

seany
May 9th, 2006, 23:01
(P.S. dont get it on the plastics on the car it never comes off!)

Rub a generous amount of SMOOTH peanut butter into any affected area ... it comes off a treat :)

Works a treat

MissDMeanor
May 9th, 2006, 23:55
Thanks guys.....never heard of that before. I may just have to lick it off!!:wuerg019:

barrie013
May 10th, 2006, 07:07
Lick it off-that's gross ! It'll make the roof of your mouth all gummed up !
Not wishing to hi-jack this thread, but has anyone tried saddle soap on leather interiors, and has it worked ?

IC
May 10th, 2006, 08:49
Hi, saddle soap is manufactured for cleaning the waxy leather found in saddlery. The leather found in modern cars is not a waxy leather and is treated to protect it from the sun's rays as far as I know. You would be better off using something like Autoglym leather cleaner/tratment on your seats as these products are specifically formulated for the job! :)

4 forty
May 10th, 2006, 09:11
visit this site which has a very good forum on all cleaning and polishing quiries
http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

paul

MissDMeanor
May 10th, 2006, 14:20
Lick it off-that's gross ! It'll make the roof of your mouth all gummed up !
Not wishing to hi-jack this thread, but has anyone tried saddle soap on leather interiors, and has it worked ?

I'll let you know if it's gross:wink_smile:

I use Autoglym Leather Care on the leather on my alcantara (or whatever it is) which works very well at scratches and making it more supple. I'm going to continue treating it every now and then :)

Dover soon to be South Wales?

I got out of the rat-race and moved from Dover to next-to-Mid-Wales last year! Good luck with the move and a slower pace of life:Dancing_chief:

meta_volante
May 10th, 2006, 18:42
Jules, also try plumbers clear silicon grease, works quite well on a price to performance ratio :) but is bugger to wash off your hands afterwards, and for gods sake don't get it on the steering wheel :) :) :) :) like I managed to...