PDA

View Full Version : Regional Sections of the VOC. Norfolk and Cambridgeshire?

Alec Dawe
May 21st, 2006, 08:01
Just a thought, and feedback from anyone welcome, especially any interested, and from the Club with information on the implications.

Many years ago I was a member of the now obviously defunct 'Norfolk and Suffolk' section. I see that now there is a Suffolk abd Essex section, so that rules out bringing back the Norfolk and Suffolk, but how about seeing if there's interest in a Norfolk and Cambridgeshire section?

Decent road now between the two counties, lots to see and do in both, depending on interests. Some nice pubs etc for evening (SUMMER!) meets, etc. What's involved these days from the 'Main' club in starting and running such a section? Can we just start up a section, or are there formal rules that have to be complied with? Do we involve the dealers at all?

All feedback welcome.

don kalmar union
May 21st, 2006, 09:13
Andrew Cardwell has recently organised two meetings in North Weald which were well attended and has some other dates set....not too much of a hike for you.

He allways posts here with the time, place etc......

Regards, Don.Norchi.

Next one Sunday 9th.July at The Talbot, North Weald....check www.vpcuk.org

740Estate
May 21st, 2006, 17:09
Norfolk n Cambs Section?

Sounds good! Put me down for interested.

Alec Dawe
May 24th, 2006, 19:58
HUM...
Not a great deal of response.
Perhaps we'll put this one on the back burner for a bit.
Might drum up a bit more interest at the BKV praps?

740Estate
May 24th, 2006, 21:02
Can you not get something put into the Magazine? No doubt there are people who do not have the luxury of t'internet.

dave r
May 25th, 2006, 20:43
Like the idea Alec, Might even get to a meet (shift work permitting).
Dave

charlotte001
May 25th, 2006, 23:18
Norfolk and anywhere would be great just as long as it's not Lincolnshire. Police hate Volvos in Lincs been stopped so many times over the swineshead bridge for no real reason just pointless irritating things.

Lincolnshire also tickets emergancy vehicles (although the ticket was revoked )

Charlotte

bigandquick
May 26th, 2006, 20:44
I'd be interested in a Cambs/Norfolk functon, as long as it's in Cambs and not Norfolk!!! Only joking. Hunstanton would be great on a nice day.

Alec Dawe
May 27th, 2006, 07:46
I'm thinking that I might talk to some of the VOC 'officials' at the BKV aboput whats involved in setting up a regional section. Also I might possibly put up a notice on my car at the BKV for people who don't use the forum to register an interest.

740Estate
May 27th, 2006, 16:13
Sounds a plan Alec! Keep us posted on developments!