PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket intercooler D5

lambys40
May 12th, 2014, 20:58
Hi, my intercooler on my 163 d5 has given up the ghost surprise surprise and I'm looking to get a Rica stage 2 sport map uploaded onto it in the near future and ive heard the possibity of the car running even more boost, so if the standard intercoolers blow for fun I dont want to be replacing it all the time! I dont want to fit an aftermarket intercooler to big for the car but I also want the best performance so have any of you had experience with them? I know I'll have to rig something for the sensor it's just the size I'm baffled about. Thanks Alex

5cilinder
May 13th, 2014, 03:15
Dont think that a stronger intercooler will prevent other weak links to break down with your tuning

Clutch , dubbel mass flywheel etc

lambys40
May 13th, 2014, 15:22
yeah my dual mass flywheel is already near buggered so thats being replaced along with a stage 2 clutch so hopefully that should last abit longer and cope with the power better ?

TiredGeek
May 13th, 2014, 20:00
Before you even think about going down this route have a good long read on t5d5 forums and pay particular attention to RedBrick and his 163 D5 troubles.
You may just save yourself a load of hassle and money......
You'll also find loads of info on intercoolers while you're at it :)

davebb
Jun 8th, 2014, 09:26
Hi I have fitted a all alli intercooler from partsforvolvos made by do88.se
it fits were the std one is so no mods,it has not got the MAP sensor fitting,but my car is a 2002 so I am ok
the car does feel like it is breathing better
Thanks Dave