PDA

View Full Version : C70 - Bulb Failure Rear Fog Light

pdkc70
May 16th, 2014, 23:11
Apologies if there are previous threads on this issue. Just joined forum !!
I have just purchased a C70 on an 06 plate .............. it is beautiful to drive apart from an irritating issue that has just started in the last few days ..... when driving along I keep getting an amber info light flashing up on the dash display with the message
"Bulb Failure Rear Fog Light" ... which keeps flashing on and off whilst driving. When checking the rear fog light the bulb is working ???? also noticed this evening that when the rear fog light is switched off the amber indicator lamp in the fog light switch is still glowing slightly (not as brightly as when lamp is switched on, but is definately glowing showing that some current is still flowing through the switch) no such glow from the front fog switch.

Any suggestions please ?

v70stu
May 25th, 2014, 14:17
Does the bulb work?
Try a different bulb and check the bulb sits tight in the holder. If it is not a good contact then the car could see that as a failed bulb.

mikealder
May 25th, 2014, 14:59
It could be down to the wrong type of bulb being fitted, I would also check the bulb holder contacts are where they should be, if the bulb is a stop/ tail type and been replaced with LEDs they can cause the exact symptom you are seeing, my V70 does the fog light warning glowing on the dash all the time, it is due to LEDs rather than a bulb - Mike

KLR142
May 10th, 2016, 18:28
Was this problem ever solved?

GordonPS
May 18th, 2016, 09:36
I am crossing my fingers, i have had this problem before, but not recently. I wondered if it was a loose connection, bulb was good