PDA

View Full Version : megasquirt ???

jubjub
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:04
has anybody out there had any experience using "MEGASQUIRT", ive got a 440 2.0 and want to put a 16v head on it (from renault)and have heard that this system lets you run the 16v head with the 8v (F7) block, any input on this would really help, PM me or mail me at stephen.l.b@hotmail.com if you can help, cheers folks. YOU CAN SLEEP IN YOU CAR BUT YOU CANT DRIVE YOUR HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!:Banane32:

1stRaven
Jun 11th, 2006, 14:56
I know chesh740r has some knowledge. A lot of the yanks have installed this and so, there is a lot of information about it at turbobricks.com.

davebslater(uk)
Jun 11th, 2006, 15:12
youll need the whole engine from a renault to go down that route .

if you fit a turbo , and the ecu system from it , you can have mild boost version that will be pretty quick , as the LH system is pretty adaptable .

jubjub
Jun 12th, 2006, 19:12
i was under the impression that the F7 block from the 400 series is the block that renault used for the megane and laguna 2.0 8v(i may be wrong, feel free to correct me) i dont intend on using a turbo but am open to suggestions, out of curiousity, what does LH stand for ?

foggyjames
Jun 16th, 2006, 00:07
Bosch LH-Jetronic...it's a OEM EMS.

I'd fit a complete Renault 19 16v motor with its original EMS....although it's already been done in a 440.

cheers

James