PDA

View Full Version : Rear park assist - volume?

craigster_jd
Jun 12th, 2006, 18:22
Hi,
I'm a new member and the proud new owner of an almost new V50. I'm delighted with the car, but I've just one small niggle with the rear park assist which I had fitted by my dealer (it's the 'official' Volvo part). I find the warning tone too quiet, and even with only the slightest noise in the cabin (e.g. stereo on, people talking etc) it's very easy to miss. I've found the tone only comes out of the left rear speaker, and because I have a child seat in the left rear seat, the tone is obviously being obstructed.
Should the tone come out of both rear speakers? If not, is there a way of increasing the volume? (Of course I have actually checked both speakers are working!)
Cheers.
Craigster.

mobileman
Jun 12th, 2006, 19:29
is it just a matter of adjustment to radio ie fader balance etc just a thought mobileman:car-smiley-003: alan felixstowe

craigster_jd
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:57
Thanks for the post. I wish it was that easy.. Balance is set to centre, and fader is set slightly to the rear. The sound from the stereo agrees with those settings (i.e. comes out of both rear speakers) - the warning tone doesn't.
Craigster

TJMurphy
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:28
I wonder if the new ones are the same as the older dealer fit variants? Mine is not integrated into the stereo, it's got it's own speaker. But apparently, on the box of tricks which is tucked away behind the lights / panels in the boot there is a volume knob. Personally I've not gone and looked, just repeating what the dealer told me.

Tony

Pcalder
Dec 14th, 2006, 15:38
2006 V50.
I have the same problem.
The beep comes from only one rear speaker.
My dealer told me it was fixed volume and can not be adjusted.

:angry2:

Hashluck
Jan 7th, 2007, 16:54
Does it not at least mute the stereo like on an S60?

Pcalder
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:35
The Audio system does not mute.
The volume drops only very slightly, but not enough..
The Beep is not loud enough to be heard over the heater fan on above half way.
or the radio at normal level.

Not good enough really.....

Don't get me started on my headlights.................

Hashluck
Jan 8th, 2007, 18:09
The FACTORY FIT rear park assist on the S60 mutes the stereo and you get a 'park assist active' message in the stereo display. it works great.

There are two dealer fit versions for the S60, one that mutes the stereo and one that does not (the one that does costs more).

Note this is for the S60 but the same may apply to dealer fit S40 kits?

It would seem wierd if a newer model (S40 over S60) did not implement features from the older at least as well.

I need to know about your headlights as well because I am looking at a C70 (though will get xenons) and don't want to be disappointed (though sounds like I might be with the rear park assist).