PDA

View Full Version : Driving lights not going off

meddyliol
Jun 8th, 2014, 10:33
My wife was in Asda the other day, switched the engine off, got out and locked the door. A few minutes later she forgot to get bags out of the boot so went back. The driving light were still on. She checked that the light switch was at '0'. So, she put the key back in started the engine, switched it off and all was well this time. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Another thing, should the lights come on as soon as the ignition is turned on? I would have thought that this was counter productive having lights on when trying to start the engine.

Cheers

Brian

StewartM
Jun 8th, 2014, 11:09
Happened to me years ago on a 960. I took the headlight relay out, gave it a few taps and it worked fine after that.

Can't be certain, but I was under the impression that power to the headlights was cut while the starter is operating.

SonyVaio
Jun 8th, 2014, 11:46
Could just be a cse that she had pressed the yellow button on the remote and activated the home lighting prior to getting to the vehicle? This way it would be perceived that they had been on all the time but in fact were actually activated by the remote.

:star-wars-smiley-01

meddyliol
Jun 8th, 2014, 12:20
Yes, she could have pressed the wrong button by mistake. The problem hasn't happened to me LOL. I think you are correct about the lights going off when the engine starts. I will keep monitoring it.

Thanks

Brian

iainmd
Jun 9th, 2014, 10:44
Or alternatively she flicked the headlamp stalk back when removing the key and activated the homesafe light function. The lights will only have stayed on for 30/60 or 90 seconds depending on what's set in the console menu.

That's the most likely thing.

meddyliol
Jun 9th, 2014, 14:11
All I have to do is try and convince her that it might be her fault :nah: