PDA

View Full Version : professional parts sweden

blackrevolver
Jun 9th, 2014, 13:26
As the title, is this a trusted brand? mainly for a Water pump?

blackrevolver
Jun 9th, 2014, 13:35
Ok well from browsing google, posts suggest its another name for ScanTech so I'll be avoiding!

martinrpeachey
Jun 9th, 2014, 13:44
I trialed a suspension component from them..

... it didn't go well.

blackrevolver
Jun 9th, 2014, 13:50
I trialed a suspension component from them..

... it didn't go well.

Should have known, usually "professional" is a sign its the complete opposite!

ukdido
Jun 9th, 2014, 17:39
In my experience with Pfs ,fuel pump gone after 14 months,suspension parts after 1 year.

ajm
Jun 10th, 2014, 14:56
Ok well from browsing google, posts suggest its another name for ScanTech so I'll be avoiding!

Good decision I think, certainly for something as critical as a water pump. I'd rather keep the original if it's not worn out, or change it for another genuine one.

I've used a PPS handbrake cable and it wasn't exactly right although it did eventually fit and is still working.

blackrevolver
Jun 10th, 2014, 15:56
Good decision I think, certainly for something as critical as a water pump. I'd rather keep the original if it's not worn out, or change it for another genuine one.

I've used a PPS handbrake cable and it wasn't exactly right although it did eventually fit and is still working.

After a few experiences before with ordering parts online, I'm wary, never just order any old part, even if the seller claims its top quality.

Just I know if I give my car to my local garage they are going to order parts from say EuroCarParts (who I don't have a problem with) but they probably just go with the cheapest so was looking online at which brands are to be trusted when not getting genuine, as I'm getting parts myself to hand to the garage.

AndyPants
Jun 10th, 2014, 23:58
I fitted a new PPS outer CV boot on my 850 in October - came with the CV joint, by December it looked worse than the original 18 year old Volvo one.... I replaced it the other week with a 'split type boot' as I really didn't feel like having to pull the drive shaft out again because of a cack part. An MOT station put one on my old 850 and it was still fine after 2 years, so fingers crossed.

The PPS boot had split half way around the driveshaft jubilee clip... What a waste of time/money. Almost as bad as the Tesco windscreen wipers I bought once that failed on the first trip to work...