PDA

View Full Version : OnCall Deactivated Message

roundyuk
Jun 10th, 2014, 14:55
So, I thought my OnCall was deactivated anyway as the subscription had expired as the lady told me on the end of the phone the other day.

But the other day I got in the car and the message came up on the dash. Am I now stuck with this unless I pay for the service?

Car is a 05 S40 with NAV and Phone

roundyuk
Jun 12th, 2014, 09:05
Bump :-) Anyone?

Clan
Jun 12th, 2014, 19:46
The safety side of on call should always work , the subscription is for the advanced services . You could have a problem with it , maybe the battery in the on call unit needs resetting , thats the usual cause . You will need the codes reading out at a dealer , whilst he is there it is no extra time to reset the battery .

roundyuk
Jun 12th, 2014, 22:52
I have VIDA and DiCE so will plug it in and see whats up...thanks for the pointer.

Just to clarify, what is the battery reset?

roundyuk
Jun 16th, 2014, 19:47
Ok, so there were no codes logged from the phone module in the car, and battery level of the reserve battery was 53% ?

Clan
Jun 16th, 2014, 20:22
Ok, so there were no codes logged from the phone module in the car, and battery level of the reserve battery was 53% ?

if you go into advanced in the phone module you can reset the battery counter it will then read 100% and be ok ..

roundyuk
Jun 26th, 2014, 13:37
Do we know what battery level its set to turn off at?

Also, where is this battery? Easy to replace?

Clan
Jun 26th, 2014, 19:32
Do we know what battery level its set to turn off at?

Also, where is this battery? Easy to replace?

The problem isnt with the battery , its the "algorithm" used to calculate the level which is flawed .

roundyuk
Jun 26th, 2014, 20:53
So managed to fix this, got my brother to pull the activation code from the Wireless Car VOC Portal, entered it in and it went through the process and it cleared. The lady on the phone couldn't do anything for me as there was no subscription valid, but it cleared the message and re-activated the VOC system by the looks of it.

Will see in a few days if the message stays away.

Starman60
Dec 21st, 2017, 23:14
Hello to everybody,
i wanted to post a comment on volvo's oncall feature.
My 2006 S40 20 D se sport has a lot of spec and with integrated phone and sat nav with premium sound system.

Having owned the car for 3 years and not seeing any messages regarding oncall i was surprised to find it was out of subscription by 7 years the deactivation message had shown on the DIM and you could clear it with the read button on the stalk.
After searching the web it turns out most dealers want £150 for 12 months and £240 for 24 months.
TMS Volvo near Coventry did mine £44 for 12 moths but i chose £66 for 24 months they even set it up for me and i just turned up unannounced
My car does not have bluetooth so app is no use but i have extra features now although SOS button worked before update and all are illuminated
Phone sim is Vodafone works beautifully, and satnav disc was replaced with the latest version from satnavdvd.co.uk at £30 for 1 disc works a treat
All is good now and im at 250,100 miles

Clan
Dec 21st, 2017, 23:18
Hello to everybody,
i wanted to post a comment on volvo's oncall feature.
My 2006 S40 20 D se sport has a lot of spec and with integrated phone and sat nav with premium sound system.

Having owned the car for 3 years and not seeing any messages regarding oncall i was surprised to find it was out of subscription by 7 years the deactivation message had shown on the DIM and you could clear it with the read button on the stalk.
After searching the web it turns out most dealers want £150 for 12 months and £240 for 24 months.
TMS Volvo near Coventry did mine £44 for 12 moths but i chose £66 for 24 months they even set it up for me and i just turned up unannounced
My car does not have bluetooth so app is no use but i have extra features now although SOS button worked before update and all are illuminated
Phone sim is Vodafone works beautifully, and satnav disc was replaced with the latest version from satnavdvd.co.uk at £30 for 1 disc works a treat
All is good now and im at 250,100 miles

it seems one of the previous owners has removed his details from the web site which is the correct thing to do when you sell it , What needs to be done is get the dealer to add your current details to the data base and put the PIN in the car to activate it Free of charge if you are lucky. The safety part of on-call is free you pay for the security add-ons ... hopefully they told you exactly what you get for free and what you get when you pay extra ..