PDA

View Full Version : C30 General : - DPF Hoses and Anti Skid

dcwales
Jun 16th, 2014, 21:03
Hi my nephew has a C30 16D 2007 . Last week the Anti-Skid light came on and he also noticed a loss of power at 3000 rpm.

The volvo dealer took a look at it today and came back with a estimate of £1000 to fix both faults.

The three main problems according to the dealer are

1) PDF hoses are split.

I checked this and one hose is actually snap in two. Does anybody know where I might get them on the after market or a part number ? Volvo want £250 to replace them and they are only a couple of feet long held on by clips..

2) Feedback on the Anti-skid ... Anti skid message in DIM.BCM0130 logged.brake pressure sensor fault.Requires hydraulic pump unit.

Not sure where to look at on this one beyond trying to think what to logically check in case this is an easy fix and he can avoid a £750 bill for that one ?

3) Both front lower arm rear bushes worn

Any help and advice on any of these items would be truly appreciated and could they be related ?

dcwales
Jun 30th, 2014, 21:04
Just and update on progress in case this can help other members

The DPF hoses are 8mm diameter silicone vacuum hose. I managed to source them on ebay for £5 per metre , 2 metres are enough to cover both hoses.
Once fitted car runs back to normal and no more limp mode at 3000 rpm.

So saved a awful lot of money compared to volvo parts.

As for the anti skid still waiting to investigate why the light is coming on.. Has anybody any information on this one please and what might be worth checking ?

SonyVaio
Jun 30th, 2014, 21:30
You can have the ABS ECU repaired for approx. £200 - £250. Search on here and you'll find a couple of places that do it.

You would of course need to remove and send away the ABS unit and then refit on receipt once repaired or of course this will be an additional garage cost for removal and re-fitting (easy job).

:star-wars-smiley-01