PDA

View Full Version : V50 sat nav & audio

TonyS40R
Jun 17th, 2014, 23:00
Hello again.

I posted last week as me and my partner are looking at a Volvo.
We were looking at an S40 but due to our first child on the way we've come round to the idea and practicality of a V50.

I currently drive an Audi A6 and the big 'must' for me was it had to have the Bose stero upgrade.

So I am looking at a V50 D5 but I still haven't seen on with the 'dynaudio' option.

So... If a V50 has a sat nav in the dash do these have the dynaudio.? I only ask as the satnav screen appears to be in the centre of what looks to be a speaker.

...if this isn't the case, is the sat nav actually any good.?

My A6 has built in navigation but we tend to use an iphone as thd maps and everything are more up to date.

Many Thanks.

Tony

MacV50
Jun 20th, 2014, 18:31
Don't have experience of the Dynaudio set up but my SE Lux has the mid range system which is pretty good.

My experience of Bose in Audis is not good. When I got a loan A4 I wasn't impressed compared with the Symphony system I had. Think that Audi seriously dropped the quality of the standard systems to try to sell more Bose and B&O upgrades.

Volvo satnav is OK. Couple of annoying things. Can't tell it that a road is blocked so if you need to reroute it keeps trying to get you back to the original route - Audi system has a button for that. Also it doesn't dim automatically at night and the screen isn't that visible in bright sunlight. Otherwise it's easy to use and the steering wheel controls make it safer to set a destination. Also has a remote so passengers can set the system.

deepsix
Jun 21st, 2014, 21:27
Tony, mine has the sat nav and upgraded audio if you want to look at it. You'll have to be quick though as someone is viewing it to buy tomorrow. It will probably be here a couple of days if he buys it though. I'm in Romsey.

Falmouthboy
Jun 22nd, 2014, 06:31
I would agree that the mid range audio system is also very good for what it is, so don't be put off trying a car with it if it has every thing less you want.

TonyS40R
Jun 22nd, 2014, 19:54
deepsix.. Thank you very much for the offer of having a look at yours, unfortunately I've only just seen your reply and I'm away for work this week and not back until Friday.

Thank you for the offer though, very generous and Romsey is only a few miles from me.

Tony.

V50Bri
Jun 23rd, 2014, 22:26
Hi Tony,

I have the Satnav but with the High performace audio.
I am north of worthing if you want to have a look (& listen)
The sound is very good & hardly distorts.
sat nav is ok, better than my 56 plate passat had.
what you really want to get is the USB socket.
Just put a USB stick in & you can have lots of music tracks !
mine is not for sale so It will be here if you need to come over.

Regards
Brian