PDA

View Full Version : General: - Connect parrot mki9200 to 2009 s40

aidy55
Jun 19th, 2014, 04:55
I was told to get the sot048 wiring harness but it doesn't fit, this one....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LYJZFY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've a 2009 s40 and it's just basic audio, have taken all panels of car off, ran 12v wire and went inside to get harness only to come back out and it not fit...

Can only seem to upload one picture, you can see the black and white connectors on the sot048 harness, they have spade type connectors, in my car headunit they are bullet point. Also the bigger block connector, the one on the sot048 is too big

mattievrs
Jun 19th, 2014, 18:56
Both those connectors fit in between the existing ciggy lighter loom and socket. It's how the parrot kit gets its power. Running the 12v wire was pointless mate!

The bigger block that doesn't fit anything doesn't plug into anything either, it stays loose.

aidy55
Jun 19th, 2014, 20:56
I don't understand, if the bigger block stays loose then how do the speaker wires connect to the parrot..

I was under the assumption the small block was the power and big block was speaker wires...

In my 307, I had a strange ignition feed behind my headunit, it was bsi controlled which meant opening the door would turn it on hence I ran 12v from ciggy lighter...

We'll if you say small block is for the ciggy plug then I don't need to open up centre console again as I have already pulled 12v to behind the headunit.

But I'm still trying to figure out this bigger connector....

This is the kit I bought...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LYJZFY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

aidy55
Jun 19th, 2014, 22:01
Should the sot048 not connect to the headunit in some way. I understand that the small t shape connectors are for ciggy plug and yes they are the right fit, but surely there needs to be something connected to the headunit...these are the connectors from the back of my headunit and also the larger block connector from the sot048....

aidy55
Jun 19th, 2014, 22:03
Sorry, can only seem to get one image uploaded at a time on this bloody ipad...

aidy55
Jun 19th, 2014, 22:05
And this is the block connector from the sot048. You see I thought it would have been exactly the same as the white block connector above then my original block would go into the female block on the sot048???

gilgamesh1066
Jun 20th, 2014, 13:42
The back of the head unit will have three connectors

1 Fibre Optic cable (the one you posted in #5) - leave this in place.
1 power connector block
1 speaker connector block.

The SOT048 should have 4 block connectors (2 sockets and 2 plugs) and a power lead.

All the connectors on the SOT lead will fit "in-line" to the existing connectors on the back of the head unit and to the power outlet.

step 1 - unplug the 2 multi connectors block from the back of the head unit and plug the corresponding blocks on the SOT into the head unit

Step 2 - plug the connector blocks you removed from the head unit in step 1 into the SOT048 cable and also the cables from the parrot wiring loom. (they only fit in one connector)

Step 3 - remove the panel the power outlet is fitted in (just flips up with a good tug at a corner) and remove the connector from the power outlet, plug the power lead from the SOT048 onto the power outlet

Step 4 - plug the connector that you removed from the power outlet in step 3 into the power lead of the SOT-048

Let me know how you get on - good luck

Note: should say all connectors are a VERY tight fit and require some pulling and pushing....the ones into the head unit have little plastic locks that need to be lifted to disengage.

aidy55
Jun 21st, 2014, 00:55
I figured it out myself earlier today but thanks for your input. Like an idiot I was using the connectors on the back of the screen, never thought about pulling out CD player...

Anyway got it all going nicely, blue box is stuck using foam tape just behind panel under steering wheel. Microphone is on roof light console, LCD is on dash driver side. I need to try to find some sort of L bracket as it doesn't sit nicely here but I want it here.

LCD doesn't say goodbye when I turn off engine but it does turn off after a few seconds so not a big deal

gilgamesh1066
Jun 21st, 2014, 13:43
Glad you sorted it - I put my blue box under the carpet in the passenger side footwell, the mic in the overhead light console and the display in between to 2 center vents.

I also needed an "L" bracket so I got mine from the fixtures and fittings section at the local DIY shop (B&Q) and used double sided self adhesive Velcro pads.

The problem with it not saying "Goodbye" is pretty easy to solve - you have the ignition feed and live feed the wrong way round - you'll need to swap them over as you'll have to re-pair your devices each time if it doesn't say Goodbye.

The Parrot support forum is pretty good -

http://forum.parrot.com/english/viewtopic.php?id=12284

aidy55
Jun 22nd, 2014, 21:50
I'm happy with the setup now, didn't even need the L bracket. The swivel bracket has enough tilt for my liking. I have it just on the dash driver side...Got a brodit mount aswell for my phone ans charger coming out neatly behind dash.

The unit is def not saying goodbye but I have no issues with my HTC one phone. Been in the car several times ans dont have to repair

tomhosie
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:28
I had similar problems installing in my V50 with High Performance Sound. Followed a couple of threads on this here forum, and all was well. Turns out the instructions you get with the Parrot aren't as useful as you'd think! Glad you got it sorted, great device, I find it very useful. The only annoyance is the fact it bypasses the half decent amp in the car when I play music from my iPod.

gilgamesh1066
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:54
@tom - did you get the extender cable to connect it through the amp in the boot?

tomhosie
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:03
@tom - did you get the extender cable to connect it through the amp in the boot?

Yep. It was a pain in the backside getting it through, I decided to run it under the carpet. But it was plenty long enough.

aidy55
Jun 23rd, 2014, 22:56
Even though my phone is always paired when I want to use bluetooth audio for music from my htc one I constantly need to repair so must switch red and orange about...