PDA

View Full Version : Air con query

RPB
Jun 20th, 2014, 20:03
Just asking for the collective opinion.

My A/C doesnt feel that cold. I haven't had the gas replaced in the 2.5 years I have owned the car, but I am also aware that the condensor frequently fails on the v50. The gas is cooling, but it's not icy cold as I remember it.

I have about a month until my annual service. Is it worth turning off the A/C in the interim in case it is the condensor?

If its failed, then its failed, but if it is lack of refridgerant then am I going to make the condensor work and risk a failure by continuing to have the A/C on?

Clan
Jun 20th, 2014, 22:18
Just asking for the collective opinion.

My A/C doesnt feel that cold. I haven't had the gas replaced in the 2.5 years I have owned the car, but I am also aware that the condensor frequently fails on the v50. The gas is cooling, but it's not icy cold as I remember it.

I have about a month until my annual service. Is it worth turning off the A/C in the interim in case it is the condensor?

If its failed, then its failed, but if it is lack of refridgerant then am I going to make the condensor work and risk a failure by continuing to have the A/C on?

check the temperature of the air from the centre vents , use a thermometer ,
set:
blower half speed
Centre vents only
Recirulation on
Windws closed
temp as cool as it goes

It wont make any difference if you use it or not so may as well get some cooling whilst it lasts . When the gas pressure is too low it will turn off the compressor pump .
Look for around 8 C this weather !