PDA

View Full Version : Roof locked in boot

mirras
Jun 21st, 2014, 19:48
Hi all first post, been lurking for a wee while...

been a bit daft twice today and thought I would share..

Took all the seats out my 2007 C70 today to give them a proper clean ( yes I know ) I disconnected the battery for a while and stripped the interior out. I then realised I needed into the boot ( the roof was down ) so I pulled what I thought was the boot release cable under the back seat ( mistake number 1 ) it was actually a manual 'release' for the roof clearly labelled in the user manual, if only I'd read it first. A bit of googling later I discovered you had to get into the boot to reset the pin on the hydraulic pump. So, I then reconnected the battery ( mistake number 2 as the seats were still out ).

I couldn't get under the roof to reset the hydraulic pump so I tried through the ski hatch and it's actually very easy to get to from there if you push the frame out too.. So roof works again... Mistake number 1 rectified...

However, now got SRS Airbag Warning showing and don't (yet) have Vida to reset - Mistake number 2 not yet rectified...

mirras
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:21
After a very short trip to my local garage and a free reset, mistake number 2 rectified, SRS warning reset.... lesson learned and still got Vida coming... wonder what I will break then...

Darranna
Aug 19th, 2014, 20:06
How did you reset the pump?

Yes I've done the same thing :loser:

Medicus
Aug 20th, 2014, 21:19
alls well that ends well, and congratulations for having the moral fortitude to own up to some gaffs, and dont worry, we all make them.
glad it got resolved.
good luck sir.

dme123
Aug 21st, 2014, 13:41
I must admit I made serveral "ooooch" noises reading that! Removing the seats is always dicey with all the **** in them these days but when I read about pulling the release I winced. Interesting to hear that all you have to do is press a reset pin on the pump as they don't tell you THAT in the manual, I'd assumed it released all the hydraulic fluid onto the floor or something!

Darranna
Aug 21st, 2014, 20:00
Mis post