PDA

View Full Version : General: - volvo s40 retrofits and aircon and timing belt

aidy55
Jun 22nd, 2014, 22:04
I've recently acquired a Volvo s40 blue r design. I like it the way it is and will be spending little money on it. I will get the Windows tinted and have just bought a set of tailored car mats with r design logos, coloured code aswell to match seats..charcoal grey with beige trim. Will upload photos soon as I would recommend them...

I need a timing belt kit, has anyone got the part number for a 2009 s40 1.6 petrol. I always like to search eBay for cheap parts. I presume a copy of Vida will give me parts info. I signed up for my Volvo but doesn't give access to parts info.

I'm also looking a pair of front wind reflectors but I want the ones that only extend down to wing mirror, not the ones that curve on down to bottom of window frame.

I will also be needing a new air con condensor, what's my best course of action, can someone recommend a better quality after market compatible part that won't fail...

Generally speaking I'm very happy with the Volvo, storage is shocking inside the car and boot but not s big family so can cope...

Has anyone retrofitted and push button start or can it not be done. Would be nice to replace the ignition with a button start...

janusz
Jun 25th, 2014, 08:05
Cheap car parts: carparts4less.co.uk I have used them on few occasions and they were quite good.
Dont know whether start/stop can be retrofitted.