PDA

View Full Version : s40 d3 power loss

s40paulcole
Jun 23rd, 2014, 20:49
Hi everyone, New to forum so bare with me.

S40 d3 61plate. Power loss, initially had loss of power caused ell to come on . Only came on once but took to the dealership where I used to work, they told me it had logged a code for boost pressure and there was a technical bulletin about the fault which was a ecm software update. Took vehicle away all been fine until 3months ago where the car lost all power just after start up on pulling away . I took it to another Volvo dealer who were not very helpful who said it's logged a code for a regeneration fault . They carried out a forced regen. And away I went but since then it's not been doing any form of regen normally see mpg drop on instantaneous to 44 at best . I started it again after parked for twenty mins and again no power then whoosh off it goes but its still not how it was not as icu punch as before. Long winded I know but is there anything anyone know of causing this to me as a technician gives me the feeling of egr fault as engine note changes when I get this fault and feels more vibration through the steering wheel. Any help would be gladly received
Paul

Clan
Jun 23rd, 2014, 20:57
Hi everyone, New to forum so bare with me.

S40 d3 61plate. Power loss, initially had loss of power caused ell to come on . Only came on once but took to the dealership where I used to work, they told me it had logged a code for boost pressure and there was a technical bulletin about the fault which was a ecm software update. Took vehicle away all been fine until 3months ago where the car lost all power just after start up on pulling away . I took it to another Volvo dealer who were not very helpful who said it's logged a code for a regeneration fault . They carried out a forced regen. And away I went but since then it's not been doing any form of regen normally see mpg drop on instantaneous to 44 at best . I started it again after parked for twenty mins and again no power then whoosh off it goes but its still not how it was not as icu punch as before. Long winded I know but is there anything anyone know of causing this to me as a technician gives me the feeling of egr fault as engine note changes when I get this fault and feels more vibration through the steering wheel. Any help would be gladly received
Paul

have a look at the barometric pressure readings from the boost sensor . it does boost and barometric in one sensor . compare to the barometric from the ecu or secondary pressure sensor . if any signal is likely to be wrong it will be the one on the intercooler .