PDA

View Full Version : C30 General : - Anti-Skid Failure Service Required

cranem
Jun 25th, 2014, 13:03
Hi,

This morning while driving on the motorway the 'Anti-skid failure service required' came up, the traction control light was on static and the car failed to maintain speed, went down to 50mph and then 40mph. At this point I pulled over and had the car recovered.

When the mechainc arrived, the message had gone.

It is now at the 'nearest volvo dealer' but I am concerned they will miss the problem?

Does anyone know causes this issue / had this issue and know what a possible fix could be?

Thanks,

cranem
Jun 25th, 2014, 14:31
Sorry, missed the car off.. 2009 C30 1.6D!

Any help would be great!

Cheers
Mike

Hi,

This morning while driving on the motorway the 'Anti-skid failure service required' came up, the traction control light was on static and the car failed to maintain speed, went down to 50mph and then 40mph. At this point I pulled over and had the car recovered.

When the mechainc arrived, the message had gone.

It is now at the 'nearest volvo dealer' but I am concerned they will miss the problem?

Does anyone know causes this issue / had this issue and know what a possible fix could be?

Thanks,

volvoc30newb
Jun 25th, 2014, 16:51
That message is common with earlier c30s I believe. It's the abs pump I think. My dad's s80 also got that recently and it lost power too, it was an intermittent turbo fault that sent it into limp mode.

In his case the turbo hand;t been pouched enough so was sticking and not operating properly. Might be worth checking that.

What's the mileage on it?

cranem
Jun 25th, 2014, 19:48
Yeah I have seen that a lot today!

Funny you should mention the turbo I as I suspected there might be a fault there as sometimes when the revs pass up past 1500 or so there's like a power vacuum and it loses power for a split second.. Any ideas on a good way to test that?

Hoping to hear from Volvo tomorrow.. Looks like a lot of overtime this month..

Car has 74,500 miles on it at the moment!

cranem
Jun 27th, 2014, 08:15
Volvo have come back with...

found a couple of spurious fault codes which they have cleared.. no issues found.

Not sure what to think of that, how often do fault codes randomly flag and put the car into limp mode?

Thoughts?

Mike