PDA

View Full Version : aux/USB/Bluetooth

kanajobe
Jun 26th, 2014, 18:49
with the radio playing nothing but dribble nowadays, I want a way to play my phone through the car but the radio transmitter things are rubbish! the car is a c30 and doesn't have a USB or aux output so I'm stuck on what to do... want to know how anyone else does it or practicality and price of getting the outputs fitted..
Thanks!

Clan
Jun 26th, 2014, 18:54
with the radio playing nothing but dribble nowadays, I want a way to play my phone through the car but the radio transmitter things are rubbish! the car is a c30 and doesn't have a USB or aux output so I'm stuck on what to do... want to know how anyone else does it or practicality and price of getting the outputs fitted..
Thanks!

what about DAB with a wider range of stations ? and a AUX input socket and a USB input socket and an i-Pod socket ?
Volvo do a PURE DAB 300Di supplied and fitted for £295 with all that ...
Or you can but it in halfords for £180 but will need to wire it yourself .
Volvo doa neat mounting bracket and custom plug in loom with their kit , so easier that way .

reviews elswhere on here ..

kanajobe
Jun 26th, 2014, 19:01
what about DAB with a wider range of stations ? and a AUX input socket and a USB input socket and an i-Pod socket ?
Volvo do a PURE DAB 300Di supplied and fitted for £295 with all that ...
Or you can but it in halfords for £180 but will need to wire it yourself .
Volvo doa neat mounting bracket and custom plug in loom with their kit , so easier that way .

reviews elswhere on here ..

that's a bit steep to listen to your iPod!! thanks!

gilgamesh1066
Jun 26th, 2014, 19:24
There are a few posts on this throughout the forum - in short the cheapest and quickest option is the Parrot MKi9200.

I fitted one to my V50 a few years ago......it has pro's and cons (like all things) but here are a few posts from some time ago with input from other VOC member's including alternatives to the Parrot.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=156997

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?p=1114408#post1114408

hope it helps

Bomster
Jun 26th, 2014, 21:57
Same problem with my 2007 C30 mate. No AUX in or bluetooth.

No cheap and easy fix unfortunately.

The only two choices AFAIK:

- Parrot MKi9200
- GROM-MST3P

stevie a
Jun 28th, 2014, 16:15
Parrot Mki9100 Bluetooth Handsfree Music Car Kit System

works great in my bmw z3, you can get them on the bay second hand for not a lot of money

the wiring normally is ok as the use an adaptor wiring harness for a particular car also cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parrot-Mki9100-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Music-Car-Kit-Sytem-/331243269257?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item4d1fa32c89

mf70
Jul 3rd, 2014, 16:44
I used a combination of a Bluetooth dongle from Crutchfields for $40 and a Kenwood FM modulator for eBay for $20. The FM modulator is wired in to the "9V" antenna inputs on the antenna amplifier. Audio quality is good enough.

Tomson
Jul 4th, 2014, 17:24
Thanks!

In the process of fitting aux via the cd changer option on the stereo, hopefully receiving the parts tomorrow and will leave feed back if it works.

If it works, it costs under £20

Bomster
Jul 6th, 2014, 20:27
In the process of fitting aux via the cd changer option on the stereo, hopefully receiving the parts tomorrow and will leave feed back if it works.

So this only works if your system has the CD changer option, yeah?

janusz
Jul 6th, 2014, 20:38
What about dension gateway 500? I have fitted it myself in an hour. Pros?
-i can still play cds after installation,
-I can control playback via steering wheel controls,
-I can see what plays on cd display,
- apart from cd ipod cable i also have the choice of usb and aux in

Cons?
- fiddly installation
-does work with premium 6cd changer only,
- price perhaps - circa 250£

...but price is well worth the sound quality!

ambulancematt
Aug 14th, 2014, 09:12

Did this work Tomson? Just got a 2011 V50, no bluetooth audio or Aux in (unlike the wifes crappy 207!).

Cheers
Matt