PDA

View Full Version : New Brake Pads

mattyd
Jun 28th, 2014, 23:54
Hi all, I have recently had the front brake pads replaced on my 2.0d S40 as when my car was MOT'd they said they were too worn anyway science the replacement I get a 'slapping' noise as though you can hear the pads hitting the disc when you press the brake pedal is there something incorrect been fitted or just something I need to live with?

Thanks,
Mattyd

cookie
Jun 29th, 2014, 00:50
anti rattle springs in place?

just a thought, have you taken off wheels to see if everything looks OK, replacing pads is only a 30 min job

Just realised its the 'new' S40 which has the spring same as the S60's etc, so would be obvious if its missing just looking through wheel

however personally well worth removing wheels to have a look, as you don't want to find a loose caliper bolt or something

cheshired5
Jun 29th, 2014, 00:55
It's pretty difficult to fit pads incorrectly as such.
Maybe the sliders need greasing if fitted or the piston is a little sticky.
Fluid quality is important too to apply sufficient pressure on the piston. A full bleed can help if it hasn't been done for a couple of years.

Clan
Jun 29th, 2014, 08:28
Hi all, I have recently had the front brake pads replaced on my 2.0d S40 as when my car was MOT'd they said they were too worn anyway science the replacement I get a 'slapping' noise as though you can hear the pads hitting the disc when you press the brake pedal is there something incorrect been fitted or just something I need to live with?

Thanks,
Mattyd

I guess they used non volvo pads which are a loose fit . take it back to them to fix .. The pads have to be VERY thin to fail an MOT .