PDA

View Full Version : bloody council!

kanajobe
Jun 30th, 2014, 01:45
the roads in this country are simply awful. you drive in any other country, France, Germany, bl**dy hell even Russia. albeit floored in terms of leadership, can build better roads than us! all over the front end of my c30 and on the bonnet are stone chips, some rather big! can't believe it. thinking about asking the council for a re-spray!

volvorocks
Jun 30th, 2014, 01:48
thinking about asking the council for a re-spray!

Go for it!! Set a precedent..!!!

Regards

Welton
Jun 30th, 2014, 15:31
I tend to leave a large gap behind the car in front for that very reason and in the last 45K miles I have picked up relatively few stone chips.

I even threw a girly strop one day when some knob gave hooning past me on a freshly resurfaced road showering my car with chippings.

cheshired5
Jun 30th, 2014, 15:54
Aren't excessive amounts of stones on the road a result of recent repair?
Sounds like your council are trying to remedy the state of the roads.
There's usually (very low) speed warnings associated with such repairs so if chips are caused by excessive speed or insufficient distance by you or other road users, I don't understand how that is the council's fault.

v70stu
Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:51
Stone chippings are are a cretinous solution to road "repair". It just covers surface imperfections and seals it but does nothing for longevity or a gradually sinking road. It's vastly cheaper though. Horrible stuff it is.

And don't even get me started on that high grip sh*t that they put down on bends and at traffic lights...!