PDA

View Full Version : CD-R will not eject from CD Player in V50

cmoon
Jun 18th, 2006, 13:14
A CD-R I inserted into the CD player of my V50 is stuck inside and will not eject if I press the eject button.
There seems to be no hole I can insert a wire through to force eject the CD like you can on a PC CD-ROM drive.
Can anyone please advise how to get the CD to eject without having to remove the CD player from the car.
Thanks very much.

SpeedyReedy
Jun 18th, 2006, 14:00
Have you tried to eject the cd with the radio / cd player switched Off, It worked in my case with a stuck cd.

cmoon
Jun 18th, 2006, 19:38
Thanks for the idea, I tried it but no joy.

cmoon
Jul 7th, 2006, 20:07
I have finally removed the stuck CD-R.
I removed the black plastic surround around the CD player/display then used a pair of long nosed pliers (with serrations on the tips) to grip the disc about 4 mm deep from the edge. I then squeezed the pliers to make indentations on the CD-R so it became unreadable by the player. When I powered up the player it reported the disc unreadable and ejected it on its own - success at last.

CTCNetwork
Jul 7th, 2006, 20:13
Hi,

Although my car doesn't have a "slide-in" cd player (6 disk cd autochanger :D ) I would suspect that there will be a small hole - big enough for a paper clip.

Should be on the right hand side of the player, under the disk slot.
Worth having a look JIC..
Least you got the thing out.. :D

Des. . . ;)

jupiter
Sep 17th, 2006, 21:24
Have you tried to eject the cd with the radio / cd player switched Off, It worked in my case with a stuck cd.

Thank you - this worked when a CD got stuck